cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Log - Delivery Proposal/Failed Delivery

bharath_jaladi
Explorer

Hi,

We are creating deliveries in S/4 Hana based on the trigger from S/4 TM (embedded), Delivery Proposal from FO. Is there any possible way/app to check the status of the delivery creation instead of going and checking the XML and Application log?

Business users access only Fiori Launchpad, hence looking for an app

P.S: I'm aware that there is Failed Delivery Processing worklist which again shows only the FUs but not the FO numbers and doesn't have any linkage to application log

View Entire Topic
johannes-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

we use a slightly different approach for the interface monitoring via /AIF/ERR.

The message OutboundDeliveryBulkConfirmation_In from ECC (or S4) to TM contains information about the delivery creation status requests. This message either contains specific information about a delivery that could be successfully created or it contains information in case delivery creation failed because of non-technical reasons (e.g. because a document is locked by a user, no stock is available,etc.)

We have set up a variant in AIF/ERR to select those specific messages where a delivery creation failed, including some logic (see below, e.g. the display logic checks for Result Code 5 and certain message type IDs within the XML).

Hope this information helps.

All of this is far from being optimal, but allows for slightly easier error handling.

We also would gladly have an easier and more transparent SAP standard solution 😉

Regards,

Johannes

bharath_jaladi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Based on the response I assume you are also using TM for delivery proposal. I have found one more way to view the delivery log only for the failed deliveries.

Go to the App 'Failed Delivery Processing Worklist' under the tab 'Logistics Integration' and run the standard query 'Order-Based Requirement Documents - Resendable (31)'

In the resultant list, you will have column 'Delivery Proposal Sent' as a Hyperlink which will redirect to SLG1 screen with input values. Prefix 'DLVCONF' to the system proposed external ID and execute the transaction.

This will show the exact log for the failed FU.

Please ignore if you are already aware of this process.

Thanks,

Bharath

johannes-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

yes, we are aware of that option as well. In the older TM 9.5 there is a similar functionality with a dedicated worklist that points to the SLG1 log as well. This function does work if you know the specific FUs.

We mainly use the AIF view, because from a general monitoring perspective this allows for a rather good overview (instead of checking each FU individually).

I think it would be good, if the worklist would populate the SLG1 log entry and show the result directly in the worklist instead of "hiding" the information somewhere deep in the log file. Maybe SAP can add that feature in an upcoming release.

Regards,

Johannes