cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to map new SD Routes also in EWM in an embedded System?

doepat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do I need to map new SD Routes also in EWM in an embedded System? I know there is an customizing for external decentral ewm but are there any settings in case ov an embedded system?

thx

br

doepat

View Entire Topic
JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

it depends :-).

First of all, what does "mapping" mean? For copying the route from the LE delivery into the EWM delivery, you only need to activate this. There is no "mapping" required in the sense of that you need to connect one entry to the other (like you map document types), even if the node in customizing is named like that.

Initially in an embedded EWM the LE route was automatically take over, there was no setting possible, only in decentral EWM you had the option to copy it or not. And besides that you could use SCM routes.

From SAP S/4HANA 2023 on, SCM routes are also available in embedded EWM. And with that you have the option again to copy the LE routes or not. So yes, in a current system you need to "map" SD routes.

But that does NOT mean that you have to do anything with NEW routes. As I wrote above, the mapping means that you activate the coping of the route in the delivery.

Brgds

Juergen

---
All the above is no official SAP statement.

Want to learn EWM?
Check for EWM courses: https://training.sap.com/trainingpath/Applications-Extended+Warehouse+Management-EWM+in+S4HANA
Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!
And if your question includes the word "transfer order" - do NOT tag the question with Extended Warehouse Management!

doepat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

thanks for clarifiying. So in an S4 2022 FPS 2 i only can activate them. So theoretically there is no urtehr todo since scm routes are not available (and i guess not needed). One thing: I only saw a img activity in regards to activation in a decentral context. Where can i do this in an embedded system...?

doepat_0-1709542010259.png

thx

br doepat

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if this is now posted twice, but this great new system of ours does not work as one would expect...

" Where can i do this in an embedded system...?"

As I wrote in my answer, the options have changed with the last release. So this node has moved from the "... for decentral EWM" to the delivery integration settings, and is valid for both deployment options.

Brgds

Juergen