cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download sensor data from IoT?

former_member758252
Participant
0 Kudos

I am a beginner. I want to use SAP's IAM solution for predictive maintenance. I have enabled SAP IoT service from my SAP cloud platform. I have access to SAP IAM launchpad (all confiration done by my team lead). few equipments, models, templates are configured in IAM fiori launchpad. and there are few sensors, devices, capabilites are configured in SAP IoT cockpit service. I need to work on machine learning part but I am stuck at finding creating datasets in IAM and stuck at creating, analysing my ML model because i dont know the data. Can someone help me here? i want to download the data read by sensors. i would like to to work with that data separately using python libraries because SAP 's ML analysis is little confusing. i need some guidance.

thank you

View Entire Topic
former_member259476
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veeresh,
some questions for better understanding:

1. Do you want to download the (raw) sensor data from PAI for the sake of offline analysis in your local Python environment? If yes, you may want to check out if Project Sailor is a suitable alternative for you, compared to downloading all sensor data.

2. Can we assume the flow of sensor data towards to IoT devices is already set up and working or is this also one of the challenges you are facing right now?
If the flow of sensor data is not set up yet, are you generally familiar with SAP IoT Device Connectivity and can you see some IoT devices that have automatically been created by PAI?

Best,
Jan Patrick

former_member758252
Participant
0 Kudos

1. thanks ill take help of project sailor.

2. yes IoT devices are already set up and working fine.

I want to see the data in SAP PAI so that i can create Indicators (features like temp, pressure)

( i want to explain my issue )

lets say i can get data from sensors directly ( assuming i get the data) so my csv files will have columns and rows so column --> A, B , C, D etc so now if i can see the data in IoT or SAP PAI i can create indicators A , B , C, D.....

( or do i have to use project sailer everytime to download the data from every single sensor to see what variables are there in data)