Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long-Term Planning functionality (LTP) in S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What is the option for simulating MRP to analyze the results for capacity situation in S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn more about the SAP Support user and program here.
View Entire Topic
SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

In S/4HANA Cloud, you can use the Predictive Material and Resource Planning (pMRP). pMRP is a brand new functionality by SAP. It helps you to identify potential capacity issues and to evaluate possible solutions as early as possible based on a simplified requirements plan using a simplified material requirements algorithm. As a result of the simulation, production planners are prepared to take decisions on changed conditions, for example with regard to requirement planning, resource plans, preproduction, or make-or-buy decisions.

For more details, please take a look at the following Links:

Best regards.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @SAPSupport 

That is a really bold statement to put pMRP and long term planning and very misleading.

pMRP lacks several functionalities that long term planning provides:

Those features are not there in pMRP - can you export pMRP planning results of various scenarios to a S/4HANA standard planning tool and make plan vs actual comparisons there? As far as I know, pMRP is simply not integrated with purchasing planning, stock planning or Controlling. 

My understanding is that pMRP is more of a operational level planning tool, not master planning one. The way I see it S/4HANA lacks descent long term/master planning tools as those functions are transferred to IBP.

One more point, long term planning is included in the basic license. Is pMRP also comprised in the basic S/4HANA license or is it chargable separately?

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski