Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate Key figure values from current period to N Periods from past N Periods

arindamdebnath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Community,

I have a requirement where I need to have a calculated Key figure which will copy actual sales data from past N periods and populate it since the current month period till N months.

For example, If current periods is SEPT 2023 and I put N as 24, then the key figure should copy the actual sales data from SEPT 2021 and show it from SEPT 2023 (current period)

Time Period_________: SEPT 23_____OCT 23______ NOV 23_______DEC 23 ................ .till SEPT 25

Offset Actuals Qty KF : SEPT 21 DATA | OCT 21 DATA | NOV 21 DATA | DEC 21 DATA ........... SEPT 23

Could you please help how to define calculation logic for this?

Regards,

Arindam

View Entire Topic
lokesh_reddy4
Active Participant

Hi Arindam, Use the Period Shift Functionality

Period Shift | SAP Help Portal

Best Regards,

Lokesh

arindamdebnath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Good day! Appreciate your response.

We have already tried period shift but it just shifts by N periods and places the value in the Offset Actuals Qty KF, disregarding that it should be populating the values from current period onwards. Suppose I have 3 years of history, so period-shift=12 is just shifting value since Sept 21 and putting it from Sept 22 onwards.

But the ask is, the values should be populated from current month (SEPT 23) with the values of SEPT 22 onwards.

Can Attribute Transformation solve the problem? If yes, can a KBA note be shared or how to setup the logic?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Arindam

arindamdebnath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is anyone aware or can provide a solution to the problem statement?

I guess someone replied but that answer is deleted and not visible anymore.

Regards,

Arindam