cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP "No planning object needs to be forecasted"-Error when running Statistical Forecast

nikolaikeller93
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm trying to run my statistical forecast, but always receive this error message:

"No planning object needs to be forecasted."

with the corresponding long text:

Diagnosis

The selected range of planning objects is too small or the quantity of historical data is not sufficient.

System Response

No forecast is calculated.

Procedure

Change the planning filter you are using or upload more historical data.

I have uploaded more than enough historical sales data, yet the system always tells me there wouldn't be enough. The Forecast is set to use the last 52 periods for forecasting, while having about 150 periods with data available.

What is causing this error message?

Kind regards,

Nikolai

View Entire Topic
ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello nikolaikeller93

This issue generally happens when you run stat forecasting at a level that is different from the base planning level of the input and output KF ( sales history KF and stat forecasting KF). for example you have this KFs at TWK and you are trying to run the stat forecasting at MTH level.

Please do the following

1. Make sure that the history KF and the stat forecast KF are at the same PL.
  2. Make sure that in the stat forecast KF you define the appropiate time split ( WEEKWEIGHT or MONTHWEIGHT)
  3. create the missing planning object for the stat forecast KF
  4. make sure that the UOM conversion for the SKUs are created and updated in the UOMCONVERSION MDT

Let me know if this solves your problem

nikolaikeller93
Discoverer

Hi Ayan,

thank you very much, your answer led me to the problem:
I used the wrong UOM when setting up the Application Job, I just noticed because I checked the UOMCONVERSION MDT thanks to your suggestion.

The application job now runs and the Statistical Fcst QTY KF is filled.

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Happy to help

0 Kudos

Hi Nikolai,

1. Make sure that the history KF and the stat forecast KF are at the same PL.
  2. Make sure that in the stat forecast KF you define the appropiate time split ( WEEKWEIGHT or MONTHWEIGHT)
  3. create the missing planning object for the stat forecast KF
  4. make sure that the UOM conversion for the SKUs are created and updated in the UOMCONVERSION MDT

all above settings are fine and still getting the same error message.

Shahana