cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TM Master Data from Multiple ERP Systems Display, Query, Reporting confusing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per SAP recommended BADI implementation, when connecting SAP TM to receive data from multiple ERP systems, it is advised to add prefix/suffix to the location, BP, and Material data.

Issues arise which I'm not certain how to resolve:

1. With regards to reporting how do business user easily search for documents based on a location when the location represented in the UI is both 'CU_<locA>_ERPA2' and ''CU_<locA>_ERPAG'; where <locA> is the same External ID in both ERPA2 and ERPAG clients?

2. How do we resolve the confusion within the TM interface where when I user looks at an ERP order and sees location <locB> but then in TM they see 'SP_<locB>_ERPA2'?

Can someone please help me, understand? It's my understanding that for SAP TM data we can't have the same locations, BPs, and materials codes stored internal even when the source clients are different? Why is the design setup to specify source system along with master data ID?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

BADI Implementaion is best option, where you can customize stuff and give proper direction to data coming from different systems.

Thankk you,

Rajeev Verma

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

We are also interested in connecting multiple ERP system to one TM system. Do you know where I can find some further information regarding this? Or do you have some notes for this topic?

Best regards,

Claas