cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run an Application Jobs Template (which includes Copy between Two Planning Areas) from Excel Add-In

vincentverheyen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Let's start from the situation where we have a "Copy Operator Profile (Copy Key Figure Values Within One Planning Area)".

→ Now, we can run this Copy Operator from the Excel Add-In.

Let's assume we have 4 such Copy Operators.

Let's assume we want to create a Application Jobs Template "CopyWithin1PA" in which these 4 steps run consecutively.

→ Now, we can run this Application Jobs Template "CopyWithin1PA" from within the Excel Add-In.

That is: we see it appearing in the list of Planning Operators:

No problem so far.

------------------------------------------------------------

However, now let's look at the situation of interest.

In a "Copy Operator Profile (Copy Key Figure Values Between Two Planning Areas)" one has the option to check "Enable Execution from Source:" as well as "Enable Execution from Target:".

→ Now, we can run this Copy Operator from the Excel Add-In, from either of the two Planning Areas (both Source, and Target).

Let's say one has 4 such Copy Operators.

Let's say one wants to create a Application Jobs Template "CopyWithin2PAs" in which these 4 steps run consecutively.

Do I understand it correctly that, when one wishes to use a "Copy Operator Profile (Copy Key Figure Values Between Two Planning Areas)" in an Application Jobs Template, one can not locate the Copy Operators (Between Two Planning Areas) in a "Step: Template: Copy Operator"? Instead, one must choose: "Step: Template: Copy and Disaggregate Key Figure Operator"?

→ My question is: how can we run Application Jobs Template "CopyWithin2PAs" from within the Excel Add-In?
I do not see it appearing in the list, in my test attempts (contrary to the second screenshot above, where you see "CopyWithin1PA" appearing)?

I have tried to put the (normally mandatory) Planning Area, inside the Application Jobs Template "CopyWithin2PAs" Steps as: blank, the Source PA, the Target PA.

I have checked in the Excel Add-In, connecting to the Source PA, and to the Target PA. All to no avail: "CopyWithin1PA" does not appear in the List, in the Excel Add-In.

----------------------------

Notes:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)