Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saptechengineer
Participant
Hello, Developers/Architects/Managers

Thank you for your overwhelming responses to my last post on SAP BTP Roadmap - "Developer is the KING"

I got lots of queries from many of you regarding the certification in SAP BTP. And that's a good sign, it's the right time to upgrade your skill set in SAP.

Like :

"Partha, I'm an ABAP Developer, having good knowledge in OData APIs, and a little bit of FIORI, now started learning BTP, which certification I should take?"

"Partha, can you please help me, with which BTP certification I should go, I'm a HANA Developer with OData knowledge"

"Can you please suggest to me which SAP BTP cert is appropriate for me, I'm a PI PO developer, thanks Partha"

"I'm from BI/BW background, which certification is appropriate"

"I used to as BASIS consultant, which one to pick from SAP BTP Certification, please help Partha"

"Partha, is there anything for SAP Functional-consultants in BTP"

All those friends of mine started learning SAP BTP and a few of them started working on BTP projects.

So, as always, I tried to respond to all of you!

But this time I thought to make it in the diagram and put it in a single place so that many of the community members can get benefits out of it, without much hassle.

SAP BTP Certification Guide

Further read, like who can go for which certifications.

[Application Developer] - ABAP, FIORI, HANA, and OData developer(s) or newcomers who want to be a backend, frontend, database, or full-stack cloud developer can go for Extension Suite (C_CPE_13) & SAP HANA Cloud 1.0 (C_HCDEV_01)

[Analytics Developer] - BI/BW Developers, or newcomers in business analyst can go for Analytics Cloud (C_SAC_2215) & HANA Cloud Modeling (C_HCMOD_02)

[Integration Developer] - SAP PI/PO developers or maybe anyone can become an Integration developer in BTP, and can go for Integration Suite (C_CPI_14)

[Administrator] - Our old-school BASIS folks can go for SAP HANA Provisioning & Administration (C_HCADM_02)

[Citizen Developer] - Our SAP Functional-consultants can go for Low-code/No-code Applications and Automations (C_LCNC_01)

So far whatever I said, is completely based on my own experience.

We can always discuss this topic further.
I will try to reply to the comment section here.

For more info on SAP BTP Certification, you can browse through denys.kempen blog here

Thank you for reading!

4 Comments
GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I believe SAP HANA Cloud 2.0 should be the right certification to go for...
saptechengineer
Participant
Hi Gaurav,

Yes, HANA Cloud is the right choice

But in BTP HANA Cloud, there is no 2.0

It was there in HCP neo (HANA 2.0 - HANA as a Service)

Actually, if you see the HANA Cloud version in BTP, it is "4.<something>"

And from the HANA Cloud certification perspective there is HANA Cloud 1.0

I know, it's a little confusing, but that's how it is :), as per my knowledge!
Syedwahab93
Explorer
0 Kudos
saptechengineer

As aforementioned, If a Functional consultant go for LCNC on newer SAP Build and then what next road map for them.??? i mean after certifications
Syedwahab93
Explorer
0 Kudos
Also will they hire freshers if no experience globally?

enlighten more please
Labels in this area