Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pfefferf
Active Contributor
Deploying UI5 apps to an ABAP application server from a local development environment or a CD pipeline is always a hot discussion topic in projects. SAP itself provides some tools, but still with some gaps.

In the past I developed already deployment options for the

In the past I was asked several times if I could provide the option to deploy a UI5 app by a pure CLI tooling (without using a task runner or the UI5 Tooling). Now I sat down and implemented such a  tooling. It is called ui5-nwabap-deployer-cli and uses the same deployer core functionality like the Grunt and UI5 tooling tasks. Because of that of course the same functionality is available (like the automatic creation of a new transport, usage of a transport in which the application is already locked, recalculation of application index, ...). For all the details, follow the link to the ui5-nwabap-deployer-cli npm package.

In short, how can you use the CLI tooling.

1st - install it
npm install -g ui5-nwabap-deployer-cli

2nd - provide required configuration in a configuration file (all configuration can be passed as command line arguments too of course); by default a configuration file .ui5deployrc is checked; an example can be:
{
"cwd": "./dist",
"files": "**/*.*",
"server": "http://vhcala4hci:50000",
"client": "001",
"useStrictSSL": false,
"package": "ZZ_UI5_REPOSITORY",
"bspContainer": "ZZ_UI5_TEST",
"bspContainerText": "Test UI5 Upload",
"createTransport": true,
"transportUseLocked": true
"calculateApplicationIndex": true
}

3rd - deploy your application
ui5-deployer deploy --user DEVELOPER --pwd myCrazyPassword

That's it.

In case of questions, remarks or other things, feel free to comment or write me a message.

Cheers

6 Comments
enric101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Florian!

Thanks for sharing.

I'm trying to deploy through Cloud Connector and using your tool but appears the following error:

Operation Existing Transport Determination for BSP Container: Expected status code 200, actual status code 500

I have the following configuration:

ui5-deployer deploy --server http://saphana:443 --client "001" --user XXXX --pwd XXXX --package ZDEPLOY --bspContainer ZZ_UI5_TEST --bspContainerText "Crazy UI5 App" --createTransport true --transportText "UI5 App Development" --transportUseLocked true --calculateApplicationIndex true

It seems that the petition not arribe to SAP Gateway because when I put incorrect URL or user I have the same error. In cloud connector I have authorized all path and subpaths.

Any suggestion? It's necessary any special configuration in destinations or CC?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Enric
pfefferf
Active Contributor
Hello castellagonzalez ,

when you say you deploy through Cloud Connector I assume you are developing in SAP Business Application Studio and try to deploy your app through a destination, correct?

1st: Can you show your Cloud Connector and destination setup - to make sure everything necessary is enabled?

2nd: What is the server value you have used, it is the virtual host and port? Have you tried to set the server to the following value: http://<your_destination_name>.dest; so if your destination name is saphana then http://saphana.dest?

BR,
Florian
enric101
Active Contributor
Thanks Florian!

Finally the problem was related with the destination parameters:

"WebIDEE..."

This plugin will be very usefull for us!! 🙂
sergiu_popa
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Florian,

First of all, thanks for sharing this tool with the community!

I've checked the UI5 Tooling plugin and it seems that only user/password authentication is supported. Are there any plans to support SNC in the future?

Thanks,
Sergiu
kwst_jain
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello All ,

I am getting this error . Operation Existing Transport Determination for BSP Container: Expected status code 200, actual status code 403

I am also doing UI5 application transport using BAS from development on-premise system to production on-premise system .

Can you please tell me what could be the mandatory settings  in detination?

rborgonovo
Newcomer
0 Kudos
We tried to implement the  ui5-deploter tool, in order to deploy from an on prem repo to an on prem SAP ABAS WAS.

It looks ok, it starts to populate Transport Request wiht objects, but never ends.

It takes too long and ends in a time out abap dump after executing 15 minutes.

When we deploy from sap btp to the same on prem SAP ABAP WAS, the deploy runs fine, within a 3 to 4 minutes interval.

How can we troubleshoot this huge delay using ui-deployer tool?

Is there some thing we cand do about it?

Regards

Ramiro

Labels in this area