Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sschlegel
Participant

If you work with RAP and Fiori Elements, you usually have a happy life - but it can happen that "for no reason" your app stops working and Fiori Elements gives you an error message with the content "Unsupported OData Version 4.01" with a picture like this:

image.png

What does it mean and where does it come from? Where can I switch from regular OData 4.0 to OData 4.01? Short answer: It cannot be controlled (directly) by the developer. This change can happen if you use functions or data elements that are not supported by OData 4.0, which triggers a version change by the system. On the other hand, OData 4.01 is not supported by Fiori Elements.

In this case, the error was caused by using a field of component Decfloat:

cast( '47.11' as abap.decfloat16 ) as value,

We simply changed to "old fashioned" data elements:

cast( '47.11' as abap.dec( 4, 2 ) ) as value,

And now everything works again fine 🙂

Enjoy!

3 Comments
DouglasCezar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @Sschlegel ,

I am facing this very same problem after creating a simple test scenario on SAP BTP Trial, and using the "Generate ABAP Repository Objects" from ADT.

The test base table only uses a few standard SAP data elements. The generation wizard offers only the possibility of using OData V4.

Do you have any suggestions?

Sschlegel
Participant
0 Kudos

@DouglasCezar ,

can you Post the Base-Table? The problem is, that OData V4 is the only right and good approach, but the fallback to OData V4.01 starts automatically, if you use "wrong" data elements, that are not compatible with OData V4

Regards
Sören

Elroy
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello @Sschlegel 

This is useful information.
I am currently trying to use the "Generate ABAP Repository Objects" from ADT and getting the below error:
Log-dbg.js:499 2024-05-10 15:39:46.750600 [FUTURE FATAL] Failed to load component for container __container0 - Error: /sap/opu/odata4/sap/zXXXXXX_ui_flight_o4/srvd/sap/zXXXXXX_flight/0001/$metadata: Unsupported OData version 4.01
Error: /sap/opu/odata4/sap/zXXXXXX_ui_flight_o4/srvd/sap/zXXXXXX_flight/0001/$metadata: Unsupported OData version 4.01
at o.finalize (library-preload.js:2340:345)
at r.convertXMLMetadata (library-preload.js:2298:1478)
at h (library-preload.js:2304:402)

What would be the correction measure for this ? Any tips as to how do I identify this and how do I correct the same ? 
Below is my base table:

@EndUserText.label : 'Flight_Modes'

@AbapCatalog.enhancement.category : #NOT_EXTENSIBLE

@AbapCatalog.tableCategory : #TRANSPARENT

@AbapCatalog.deliveryClass : #A

@AbapCatalog.dataMaintenance : #RESTRICTED

define table zXXXXXXaflgt {

key client : abap.clnt not null;

key uuid : sysuuid_x16 not null;

carrier_id : /dmo/carrier_id;

connection_id : /dmo/connection_id;

airport_from_id : /dmo/airport_from_id;