Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijay
Active Contributor
We have been hearing about a tool for migrating the CDS based BOPF business objects to the RAP based business objects since the time ABAP Restful Application Programing (RAP) is released.

Finally, the option is available with version 2023 and now it is possible to migrate CDS BOPF BO to RAP BO using the migration wizard.

Prerequisite

Before we can migrate, we need to raise sap request to component  BC-ESI-RAP-MIG-BOF to get the migration activated first . I don't get why so... let me know in comments if you know...

How to proceed

• Open your CDS based BOPF BO  in the Eclipse project explorer section

• Open the context menu and choose RAP Business Object =>Migrate to RAP Business Object

• In the Migration wizard opens you will see two option

• Simulation - simulates the BO migration and list downs all the errors and warning upfront without migration the BO productively

• Migration - Migrates all the related objects productively

• Click Next and on the next screen check the The transactional processing(TP) views impacted by the migration.

• On the Next screen, Check the consumption views of the business objects affected by migration.

If simulation is executed, the simulation log will be displayed on the BO Migration Log view.

• Open your CDS based BOPF BO  in the Eclipse project explorer section

• Open the context menu and choose RAP Business Object =>View Migration Log

• Enter a log number or choose Browse to display the available runs for the BO and finish.

• BO Migration Log view is displayed

Read the messages and also check for any additional manual activity post migration.

In case of actual "Migration",  disclaimer message will be shown to remind that migrated objects can't be reverted back , so be careful.

So, go ahead and try out  share the challenges and learnings in comments section. Word of caution try it with test objects before you do it productively to avoid any surprises !!

Keep Learning & Keep Sharing!!
4 Comments
Jelena
Active Contributor
Thanks for sharing!

It says " we need to raise sap request ...", where did you get this information? I don't understand the reason either but I don't now where this is coming from. Is there an SAP Note on this? Is there no explanation in it? And what do you mean by "sap request"? Does it mean we need to open an incident (or case, as it seems to be called now) with SAP support?

Also, what does this actually do and what happens with the objects?

It seems you already have this tool available, so why not "go ahead and try out" and share more information with everyone? 🙂
Vijay
Active Contributor
Hi Jelena,

The information is from the hidden standard SAP documentation here :). No Explanation and as I understand, it means opening an OSS only. Tell me if you get it differently.

I have the system and have raised an OSS incident also to get it enabled and would definitely give it a try once it is enabled and would share as I learn more on it.

Regards

Vijay

Jelena
Active Contributor
Thanks for the link! This is indeed weird that SAP Help just says "raise a ticket". Wow. I left some feedback there, maybe at least the verbiage will be updated. It's not clear either why this isn't just enabled.
SteffenMattes
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Vijay,

The tool described in this blog post can be used to migrate customer built CDS-based BOPF Business Objects.

It is currently only available for pilot customers with release 2023.

Best regards,

Steffen

Labels in this area