Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaitanyaKumar
Explorer
In this blog I would like to share my knowledge on setting up the BTP account for Sap Build APP and

Create a Sap Build app with low code- No code functionality.

For this we will be using the S4HANA Sandbox system to work with data.

This blog can we divided into two sections:

1. Configuration of SAP BUILD APP Setup

2. Creating a Sample Build APP

Configuration of SAP BUILD APP Setup:

Initially we need to create an SAP BTP trail account. If you need any help regarding that, you can refer to the below blog.

https://blogs.sap.com/2022/05/08/creating-a-new-bas-account-from-scratch/

To set up the SAP BUILD APPS configuration we need to follow the below five steps:

1. Install Cloud Identity Service.

2. Establish Trust.

3. Install Sap Build Apps.

4. Set up Roles.

5. Open Sap Build Apps.

1. Install Cloud Identity Service:

As soon as you login to sap BTP account you will see the below screen, now click on the Trial Home.

Now we need to click on the trail, which is appearing under the Global account. If in case you don’t have it please click on create and proceed by following the above reference URL given to setup BTP account.

Once you navigate to your account, here you will be able to see the options like Services, Overview, Cloud Foundry, Connectivity and so on.

Now go to Services ------- Service Marketplace and search for cloud Identity service.

Next select the service and click on Create.

Select the Plan for the service as default and Click on create.

I clicked on the View Subscription, now we can see we have Subscribed to the Cloud Identity Service. To use any service in BTP account we firstly need to subscribe it.

2. Establish Trust:

Now we need to click on the Security --->  Trust Configuration

Next Click on Establish Trust.

Here you can enter the name of your Choice and click on next.

Finally Click on Finish.

Now we can see the Trust which we have created to enable the user logon.

3.Install Sap Build Apps:

Now go to service marketplace and search for Sap Build Apps and create it.

Finally, we have subscribed to SAP Build Apps.

4. Set up Roles:

The most important part in this process is to create the role and assign it. If role exists, we need to assign it to our sap build app i.e., saying whom should have access to perform actions and view apps.

In BTP subaccount go to Security -----> Role Collections. We need to assign two different roles.

1. BuildApps_Administration

2. BuildApps_Developer

Now search for BuildApps_Administration role and created below two roles as they did not exist in my account.

Then open each role collection and assign its roles by clicking on Edit.

Under BuildAppsAdmin we need to add the below roles:

• BuildAppsAdmin.

• BuildAppsDeveloper.

• RegistryAdmin.

• RegistryDeveloper.

Next under users, add your new custom identity services.

Now add roles under BuildApps developer. We need to add the below roles.

• BuildAppsDeveloper.

• RegistryDeveloper.

Firstly, add under User Groups ----identity provider and name, then add under Users.

Now go to Security -----> Users and add the build app admin and build app developer to your custom entity provider.

As we have added our custom identity services under roles collections, we were able to see them here.

5.Open Sap Build Apps:

Now go to Instances and subscriptions in which you can find the SAP BUILD APPS. Click on it and select go to Application.

Finally, It would ask you for the Login, Select your Custom Identity Provider not the default one.

Note: If you enter correct credentials and still it was not able to authenticate you, please click on Forgot Password then it works.

Hurray!!!

We are finally done with our configuration and set to go for APP development.

Next blog will be continued in my colleague account. Use below URL to know how to create SAP BUILD Apps.

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/11/10/create-a-sap-build-app-with-low-code-no-code/

References:

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/

https://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/a7/1564526ba1f25fe10000000a423f68/content.htm?no_cache...

Hope it’s helpful 😊

Thanks,

Chaitanya Kumar Jalagam.
1 Comment
Labels in this area