Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prathapnaidu09
Participant
Hello All,

In this blog, would to show you how to Transport the SAP Cloud Platform Portal Sites and its content changes from one subaccount to other ( Dev Sub account ->QAS Sub account-> PRD Sub accountl)

Please refer to my other blog to build the Fiori Launchpad sites

Part1: Building the SAP Fiori Launchpad sites in the SAP Cloud Platform Portal

1. Transporting the whole portal content

• This procedure is suitable if changes have been for many applications

• The procedure is required when the portal configuration has changed.

• The platform scope manageHTML5Applications is required, which is part of the Administrator and Developer platform roles.

• The application role portal / nwc / TENANT_ADMIN is required

A. Export the site in the development subaccount

• Start the SAP Cloud Platform Portal (Services → Portal → Go to Service) and select the
    Site Directory

• Move the mouse over the Site tile and select Export in the drop down menu

• In the popup just click Export

If you would like to transport only site configuration, you could choose this option

• Save the MTAR file to your local computer.

B. Import the Site into the target sub accounts

• Start the SAP Cloud Platform Portal (Services → Portal → Go to Service) and select the
    Site Directory.

• Click the Import Site button and provide the required information

• File to import is the MTAR file exported in the previous step.

Overwrite the existing portal site if it is already deployed.

Check if all the Roles, Catalogs and Groups are correct.

Click the Publish site button, check the Clear HTML5 application cache
checkbox and click Publish

Click each application and check that the required destination is mapped to the right destination

2. Transporting Single Apps in the sites

This procedure is feasible for singles apps or when few apps are changed. To perform this Platform scope manageHTML5Applications is required, which is part of the Administrator and Developer platform roles

A. Export the HTML5 applications in the Dev subaccount

• Goto Applications → HTML5 Applications
• Click on the application you want to transport
• Click the Export button in the Actions area

it will save the ZIP file into your local computer.

B. Import the application in the target sub accounts for the first time

• Goto Applications → HTML5 Applications

• Click the Import from File button and provide the required information (Zip File is the file you have downloaded in the previous step)

• Application name and Version Name have to the same as in the DEV
    subaccount

• Click on the imported application

• Check that the required destination is mapped to the right destination

C. Import the application in the target sub accounts ( If application is already deployed in the target)

• Goto Applications → HTML5 Applications -> Go the application which you need to import

• Versioning tab-> Versions (History) ->Click the Import from File button and provide the required information ( ZIP File and version of the which you are transporting)

• Application name and Version Name have to the same as in the DEV
    subaccount

• Check that the required destination is mapped to the right destination

Once the site content or configuration is moved, open the Fiori Launchpad and check if the changes have come.

Please refer to my other blog to build the Fiori Launchpad sites

Part1: Building the SAP Fiori Launchpad sites in the SAP Cloud Platform Portal

4 Comments
pjcools
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
While I think it makes sense to transport a site initially to other sub-accounts to me it makes no sense to transport the whole site over and over again. One major issue I have with the transporting feature is the loss of version numbers. This is a major downside of the transport process. It should really copy the version numbers across.
prathapnaidu09
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Phil

Yes, transporting whole site only make for the first time.

Any delta changes to applications, should be transported individually. but while importing the application in the target sub-account it would prompt us for the version number, where you to give same as Development sub-account, to have consistency across all the sub accounts. but yes it wont copy automatically.

Regards

Pratap
0 Kudos
Hi Pratap,

Nice Blog. I have gone through your previous blog on creating Launchpad Sites on Neo Cloud Portal. I have a question regarding configuring Standard Fiori Apps on Neo Cloud Portal. Could you please through some light on this? Is it just enough to provide App details like App Name, Component Name, Semantic Object and Action? How about catalog and group. Where the Business Roles for Standard Apps to be Maintained?

Thanks and Regards,

Raghu Ram
0 Kudos
Hi prathapnaidu09,

I have a question: Can I use this method to transport to a subaccount which resides in different Global Account?

Example: Global Account A / SubAccount A --> Transport --> Global Account B --> SubAccount B

Thanks in Advance.
Labels in this area