Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

This is Mary Lind - I registered last week - I hope my name is showing as registered?

jljagger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mary; Hi Alex

In regards to the hands on with HANA; will we have the opportunity to explore using HANA with data sets combined to the systems which students will be using?  I ask because I would be interested in conducting a large scale student experience using SAP ECC in which performance within the client could be assessed using HANA. 

Thanks,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a good question for the instructor - Lorraine Gardiner.  I'll forward it to her.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone! 

First of all, I look forward to seeing you in Chico. 

I'd like a clarification on Justin's question.  Are you asking if it is possible (as part of the workshop) to extract data from an SAP ECC client (not running on SAP HANA) and load it into SAP HANA tables for analysis?

Best wishes,

Lorraine

jljagger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lorraine

That was exactly what I was asking. 

Thanks,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize for my delay in responding.  We will not be extracting data from SAP ECC.  That is beyond the scope of this introduction as it requires knowledge of existing Business Content extractors, etc.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Lorraine