Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor

Introduction

Auto layout feature is available in the integration flow editor of SAP Cloud Integration with 5.47.x/6.39.x release to beautify and format integration flow in an attractive and easy understandable way. To know more, you can refer the help documentation.

In this blog, I will give a short overview on the auto layout feature.

Integration flow might become huge and complex. This led to bad experience for the integration developer from the flow readability standpoint. Look at the below example. Readability is completely distorted.

To overcome this problem, Auto layout feature has been introduced to format and beautify integration flow to make integration flow look attractive and easy to understand.

In this section, I will explain you how to use this feature. But prior that, let us understand different variants of the auto layout feature. You can format the process horizontally and vertically.

1. Arrange Horizontally

• This will format and arrange the flow steps in the integration process from left to right.

2. Arrange Vertically

• This variant of auto layout will format and arrange the flow steps from top to bottom.

Arrange Horizontally

Select the integration process and click the highlighted speed button to arrange the process horizontally.

Distorted process will be beautified, and flow steps will be arranged horizontally. This will make integration flow readable and easy to understand. See the below output.

Arrange Vertically

Select the integration process and click the highlighted speed button to arrange the process vertically.

Flow steps in the integration process will be arranged from top to bottom in a beautified manner. Look at the below screen.

Points to remember.

1. Auto layout feature is enabled at the process pool level such as integration process, local integration process.

2. As a best practice, we recommend saving your design changes and configurations first and then use the auto layout feature. Such a practice will help you avoid losing your recent changes.

Hope you are benefited with this feature. Please experience the auto layout feature and provide your valuable feedback.
23 Comments
David_Oexner
Participant
0 Kudos
HI kamlesh.zanje

Thank you for the excellent blog. I checked and found that our tenant is still having 6.38.25. When do we get the new feature?
kai_o
Participant
Hi Kamlesh,

Thanks for sharing this .

Can't wait to have the next update and get this feature .

Regards,

Kai

philippeaddor
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Fantastic news! I was always hoping to get this and am surprised to see it now, even though there was no announcement on the Roadmap afaik.

vidyadhar2k2
Explorer
Thank you for the blog and it's a great feature! Does SAP have a plan to implement this feature on Message Mapping as well?
former_member855155
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Is there any way we can beautify the groovy the scripts?
0 Kudos
Hi Kamlesh,

Nice Blog and very useful feature.

Thanks,

Madhu
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Madhubala,

Thanks for sharing your view.

Regards,

Kamlesh.
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
Hello Shweta,

Auto layout feature is applicable for the editor/modeler which is based on the diagram representation.

Nevertheless, your feedback is valid for groovy script where expectation is to indent the groovy code and beautify the same from the readability perspective. We will take this feedback and add in our developer productivity and efficiency bucket list.

Regards,

Kamlesh.
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
Hello Vidyadhar,

Thanks for sharing your views.

Auto layout feature is applicable for the editor/modeler which is based on the diagram representation.

Nevertheless, let me take your feedback and assess the feasibility to beautify the message mapping editor. Wait for my reply 🙂

Regards,

Kamlesh
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Philippe,

Thanks for sharing positive feedback.

Regards,

Kamlesh.
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hey Kai,

Do experience the feature and share your views.

Regards,

Kamlesh.
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Abraham,

Perhaps your tenant would have been updated over this last weekend. Do let me know if you are still on the older software version.

Nevertheless, experience this feature and share your views.

Regards,

Kamlesh.
David_Oexner
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Kamlesh,

Unfortunately it was not updated yet. Please see below.

sebastianxen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Kamlesh, thanks for your post.

Could you please explain what means 7.12.x version? 6.39 is related to CI on Cloud Foundry and 5.47 on Neo. Thanks!
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Sebastian,

Yes, 6.39.x is related to CI on CF and 5.47.x is for CI on NEO environment.

7.12.x is not relevant for now. Please ignore it.

Regards,

Kamlesh.
Wes_Ancog
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Abraham,

How do you know the version of CPI/CI Tenant?

Regards,

Wes
David_Oexner
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Wes,

You can find it by clicking your avatar icon on top right and then "About".
pablo_lopez1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

We are already in version 6.39 but we can't see the auto layout option.

Do we need to enable this somewhere else?

Regards,

P
kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello,

No additional enablement is required. If your tenant version is 6.39.x, you should be able to see the speed button/action on the selection of the process pool (Integration Process, Local integration Process) for auto layout. Please check and let me know otherwise.

Regards,

Kamlesh
dirugadr
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi!

I'm using version 6.46.39, I can see the dots to arrange the flow steps but when I click it nothing happens. It could be a problem with the browser? I'm using Chrome.

thanks

ajayrajsrivastava
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Hi Adrian,

• Do you still face this issue?

• Please let us know if you see any error in the browser or the browser console?

Regards,

Ajay
mahu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Have also the problem. Do you have a solution?

kamlesh_zanje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you still facing the problem? Quite strange. Could you please depict what is the problem, the option to vertical and horizontal auto layout is not coming at all? In which browser, you are facing the issue?