Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoseBastidas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Nineteen years ago, I embarked on a journey that would ultimately lead me to my current role as the SAP BTP Enablement Portfolio Lead within Partner Solution Adoption in SAP’s Partner Ecosystem Success organization.  At that time, I joined Business Objects as a Presales Consultant for the Latin American and Caribbean region.  Since then, I have held various sales support positions, culminating in my appointment to the Partner Ecosystem Success organization in 2016.

Initially, my focus was on supporting SAP Analytics Partner enablement in North America.  However, my responsibilities have expanded since, and I now oversee global efforts to ensure that you – our valued Partners - have access to a wide range of enablement options within SAP BTP.  I am proud to be a part of such an innovative and dynamic organization and look forward to continuing to contribute to its and our partners’ ongoing success.

SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) is a cohesive, enterprise-focused, and inclusive system for the complete SAP community (Customers and Partners), empowering individuals to merge and generate significance from information and broaden their SAP and external application environments to fulfill changing business requirements.  Starting your learning in SAP BTP can present some initial difficulties due to the large number of resources available, that’s why we have strived to simplify this process by offering a simplified learning path consisting of three steps.

Digital learning & certification

Embarking on your learning journey for SAP BTP involves taking the first crucial step of visiting the Explore SAP Business Technology Platform landing page on the SAP Partner Portal (SAP Partner access only).  This resource is a treasure of information, including sales presentations, solution overviews and 1-pagers, strategic insights, brochures and infographics, commercial licensing models, marketing campaigns, customer success stories, and a plethora of other resources.

SAP Business Technology Platform Onboarding Resource Center (SAP Partner and Customer access) provides a wide variety of resources to assist you in your SAP BTP journey.  Gain a comprehensive understanding of SAP BTP services and offerings and receive guidance on the governance and structure of your SAP BTP deployments.  Access a range of helpful assets and resources, including self-service guidance and best practice sharing, to ensure a seamless onboarding experience.

We highly encourage you to develop the necessary skills at your own pace using our free Learning Journeys (SAP Partner and Customer access). These Learning Journeys are designed to equip you with the knowledge and expertise needed to excel in SAP BTP. In addition, they offer an excellent preparation path for the certification exams offered across the SAP BTP portfolio. Here are some recommended learnings to get you started:

* Record of achievement available ** SAP Certification is available

You can complement your SAP BTP learning experience with our Partner Certification Academies (SAP Partner access only).  Our Partner Certification Academies offer live workshops that cover the same content as our learning journeys.  By participating in these workshops, you will have the opportunity to consume the content faster and more efficiently.  This will allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in your role as a Partner quickly.

In addition, we have put incentives (SAP Partner access only) in place for eligible Partners who complete our Partner Certification Academies.  This is a great opportunity to not only improve your skills and knowledge but also to get certified and receive monetary reimbursements for your hard work.

As you seek to enhance your skills and knowledge, we offer a variety of resources tailored to meet your specific focus and goals.  In addition to our standard learning journeys, we provide access to additional role-based enablement and learning opportunities that cater to your unique needs:

Focus Sales and Presales Development and Consultants
For an SAP BTP centric partner Learning Journey for SAP Business Technology Platform: Sales & Presales Learning Journey for SAP Business Technology Platform: Consultant and Developer
For a LoB focused partner

* Requires a subscription to the partner edition, solutions edition, or professional edition of SAP Learning Hub – Learn more

Virtual events & bootcamps

I highly recommend taking a moment to explore the comprehensive overview of cutting-edge virtual events and bootcamps (SAP Partner access only) for SAP BTP.  These exclusive sessions are delivered live by top-notch SAP experts from areas like Product Management, Solution Management, Consulting, etc., ensuring you receive the most up-to-date and relevant information.

If you don’t have access to SAP BTP environment, please explore below options:

SAP BTP Trial Partner Test, Demonstration, and Development licenses SAP Partner Demo Environment, shared option Partner Academies
What is it?

With the SAP BTP trial environment — you can build, manage, and deploy applications and connect data and business processes on one, integrated platform.

Ability to test-drive SAP BTP at your own convenience in a test environment

Options for building and deploying your first cloud application

Explore a wide range of tutorials to help you learn about SAP BTP services
SAP partners can order free and low-priced test, demonstration, and development licensing services for SAP Business Technology Platform under the new consumption-based model Pay-As-You-Go incl. Free Tier services.

This free and easy to access shared demo landscape contains the most relevant online and offline demo scenarios for partners to position the Intelligent Enterprise to their customers with demos for RISE with SAP, SAP Business Technology Platform, SAP’s Industry Cloud, and more.

We offer many SAP BTP demos:

Data-to-Value (45+)

Integration (30+)

Extensibility (20+)

Partner Academies enable partners and their customers to see how SAP Business Technology Platform can help achieve desired outcomes.

This program includes 20+ academies, offering access to pre-configured landscapes with guided product tours and in-depth hands-on exercises and can be used to deliver workshops for customers and colleagues.
What's the primary use case for this? Explore SAP BTP Develop on SAP BTP Demo SAP BTP in scripted real-life scenarios Provide hands-on enablement for SAP BTP
What’s the target role(s) for this?

Developer / Consultant / Architect

Personal Trial with community support only
Developer / Consultant / Architect Pre-sales / Sales Developer / Consultant / Architect / Pre-sales
What does it cost? Free Chargeable beyond free tier Free Free
Where can I learn more? Get a Free Account on SAP BTP Trial Pay-As-You-Go with Free Tier Services
Test, Demonstration, and Development
Shared Demo Services Partner Academies for SAP Business Technology Platform

Coaching Services & Partner Co-innovation

If you have an SAP BTP use case in mind, you may want to explore the avenues of co-innovation with the SAP Partner Co-Innovation Desk.  To facilitate your endeavor, SAP offers an array of comprehensive enablement, coaching services aimed at supporting your journey in building intellectual property (IP) and/or content, and what’s the route you should take to bring the solution to market with SAP.  Book your Partner Co-Innovation Discovery (SAP Partner access only) here.

You can review the list of available coaching services in this blog (SAP Partner access only).

I'm thrilled to share this comprehensive blog that highlights the diverse array of resources available for enriching your expertise in SAP Business Technology Platform.  From digital learning options to virtual events, bootcamps, and coaching services, SAP has curated a wealth of opportunities to help you stay at the forefront of the ever-evolving world of technology.  Don't hesitate to take advantage of these invaluable resources to upskill and stay ahead of the curve.

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to post them here.  I'm more than happy to provide further insights and guidance to support your SAP BTP learning journey.
2 Comments
former_member173
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thank you so much for sharing this simplified - three-steps - learning path! Very valuable!
Abhijit_Shinde
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
BTP Learning Journey begins here..