Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Dukes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
As I watch this year’s basketball finals, I find myself appreciating the level of coaching talent on display. The coaching staff must intimately know the different strategies of the game as well as the strengths and weaknesses of each team's players. The ability to make the right decisions during fast-paced action is critical. Truly, a successful coach needs to be an expert of experts.

Reminiscing my professional career, I appreciate the expert leadership from my former project managers. I now understand the job requires more than just administration and reporting. A successful leader must apply strategy and understanding to the execution of the project – just like a coach. While I focus on my individual deliverables, the project manager applies knowledge and strategy that guides us to win as a team.

A key factor to impactful leadership is incorporating all relevant information into the decision making process. For project managers, that information includes massive amounts of detail documenting decisions and deliverables. Successful program management often requires the collaboration and sharing of this knowledge with multiple other managers as well.

Intelligent data applications share a similar purpose as coaches and project managers – guide those competing on life’s playing field to win with "in the moment" digital expertise.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud for projects is an excellent example of how an intelligent data application can incorporate different types of business data to enhance resource management and collaboration. The software intuitively uses SAP HANA Cloud to compliment the data in relational tables with a graph engine capable of connecting all aspects of the project.

Intelligent data applications provide users with the digital knowledge that elevates the performance of their game. Just as a great coach expects more from each player every day, applications are increasingly pushing the bounds of user productivity. Who knows ... maybe one day an application might tell us, "I need you to leave it all on the court."

Recommended Links

SAP S/4HANA Cloud for projects, project collaboration establishes a common data environment (CDE) to digitalize the exchange of project information and connect with a digital twin.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud for projects, resource management optimizes resource utilization and reduces the time and effort spent on staffing with collaborative resource management

SAP HANA Cloud is a modern database-as-a-service (DBaaS) powering the next generation of intelligent data applications and analytics across all enterprise data. It stores, processes and analyzes data in real time at petabyte scale, and converges multiple data types in a single system while managing it more efficiently with integrated multitier storage.