Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HadiHares
Advisor
Advisor

At TechEd 2023, we previewed the generative AI hub in SAP AI Core and SAP AI Launchpad and the excitement went through the roof. 🚀

Generative AI Hub Announcement at TechEd 2023

I am now thrilled to announce that the generative AI hub is released to customers.

We worked quite hard and successfully integrated generative AI capabilities into our SaaS solution offerings (i.e. SAP SuccessFactors) with the generative AI hub as its foundation. More and more embedded generative AI capabilities will be shipped across 2024, all leveraging the functionality of the generative AI hub. We now can also offer the same generative AI hub to developers and enable them to create generative AI extensions on SAP BTP for their SAP solutions like SAP S/4HANA, SAP SuccessFactors, etc.

The generative AI hub gives you instant access to a broad range of large language models (LLMs) from different providers, such as GPT-4 by Azure OpenAI or OpenSource Falcon-40b. With this access, you’ll be able to orchestrate multiple models, whether programmatically via SAP AI Core or via the playground within SAP AI Launchpad.

We truly believe that by providing a safe and secure playground to each employee will result in an enormous boost in productivity, creativity and efficiency to ultimately improve people's lives. This is our own learning within SAP and now we are making it also available to customers for their employees.

Generative AI Hub Playground Demo

The generative AI hub provides tooling for prompt engineering, experimentation, and other capabilities to accelerate the development of BTP applications infused with generative AI, in a secure and trusted way. AI development teams can submit a prompt to multiple LLMs, compare the generated outcomes to identify the best-suited model for the task, and gain greater control and transparency with the built-in prompt history.

Availability

The generative AI hub is now generally available via SAP AI Core for productive use.

A dedicated trial environment is planned in the upcoming weeks.

In addition, all task-specific AI capabilities in SAP AI Core & SAP AI Launchpad are getting further enhancements and plan to take advantage of the generative AI hub. 

License

The generative AI hub is available as consumption-based pricing within CPEA. Customers with existing cloud credits can directly consume LLMs upon entitling SAP AI Core in their BTP subaccount, without the need to manage different commercial frameworks from various LLM providers.

For our partners, we are working on a Test, Demonstration and Development (TDD) license and targeting late Q1 ’24.

UPDATE:

TDD license is now available for our partners!

SAP's Generative AI Architecture

For a more deep dive how we shape our Generative AI Architecture, please refer to this blogpost.

Learn more

Roadmap for Generative AI overall

Roadmap for generative AI hub in SAP AI Core & SAP AI Launchpad

SAP Discovery Center

Documentation

Tutorial for generative AI Hub

Reference Architecture for Generative AI in SAP BTP

Make sure to also follow our AI tags on SAP Community and start interacting with your peers.

15 Comments
martinfrick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks for sharing the great news! 🎉 What a nice holiday surprise! 🎄
kay
Advisor
Advisor
What great news! 🎊
ShakulJugran
Advisor
Advisor
Superb news, Christmas gift from SAP 🙂
Murali_Shan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks for sharing. Can you please confirm the metering & pricing details mentioned in this Help page are integrated within the Discovery center/Estimator ?
HadiHares
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Murali,

I can confirm the metering logic on your provided Help link. Updates on Documentations should be shipped with the next release, so everyone understands how much each model per 1000 tokens are priced.

The Discovery Center Estimator only holds true currently for task-specific AI. Not for generative AI hub. We will update it in the next weeks.

Best regards,
Hadi Hares
SAP AI Core / AI Launchpad Product Manager
Devraj
Active Participant
While I am very excited that this is released to customers, it would have been nice if partners got access at the same time. I don't understand the rational with TDD is after RTC
Ssanchezaraiza
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here in Latam some profesionals are waiting for more news like this, I and my teacher and fiend Erick Gómez, we are sailing on sea full of new knowledge, but we can´t save all the information, SAP is faster than us.

I think that this tool, help us to be much better.

erickgomez-tech
Participant

Hi @HadiHares 

I have two SAP BTP accounts, one as a Customer and one as a Partner.

In the Customer account, I can access the Extended Service Plan, also the free tier.

In the Partner account, I do not have the Extended Service Plan option available, only Free and Standard.

As indicated, we must wait until the end of Q1/2024 to have this TDD option in the BTP account for Partners.

Kind regards

PeterVonLinstow
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @erickgomez-tech 

You should since Feb 21st be able to access the extended service plan for AI Core in your Partner PAYG test, demo and development account (TDD)

Best regards,

Peter

erickgomez-tech
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @PeterVonLinstow 

Excellent news to start the day, thank you very much for the information.

Best regards,

Erick

0 Kudos

We need to procurer the BTP addition service AI Core and AI Launchpad TTD license for high priority use case but its not available part of T& D license yet, pls confirm. 

PeterVonLinstow
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @sarikar_dharmanna 

As an SAP Partner you can get access to AI Core / Launchpad (incl Generative AI Hub) via the steps below:

1. Ensure you have access to a global SAP BTP account linked to Pay-As-You-Go for SAP BTP for Partners: https://partneredge.sap.com/en/partnership/licenses/wp_payg_btp.html

2. Follow the "Setup SAP AI Core Generative AI Hub" mission on SAP Discovery Center: https://discovery-center.cloud.sap/missiondetail/4403/4689/

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Thank you Peter for the details, I guess its currently available with BTP Pay as you Go model and not part of starter package of BTP T& D services. 

PeterVonLinstow
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @sarikar_dharmanna 

The link provided in step 1 is for the test, demo & development (TDD) BTP license offering for SAP partners - it's based on a PAYG model (but includes also free tier of course 😀). If you sign up for that (initial cost is nothing due to the PAYG approach) you can activate AI Core and AI Launchpad. Please be mindful that to enable the Generative AI Hub you need to activate the Extended service plan for AI Core which comes at a cost. You can see the costs under this PAYG partner model at the discovery center if you are logged in (see pricing tab under each service).

If you dont need access to the Generative AI Hub you can instead activate the Free service plan (you can find the details of limitations also on the discovery center under each service -> pricing tab)

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Thank you Peter, Appreciate your support !