Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_kunz2
Advisor
Advisor
The following is a blog post from 2022/12/08, views and opinions are my own.

ChatGPT is the cutting-edge language model developed by OpenAI! Using advanced algorithms and an enormous amount of training data, ChatGPT can understand and produce human-like text with incredible precision. With ChatGPT, you can have fascinating conversations with a machine and explore the limitless potential of natural language processing technology.

But that's not all - ChatGPT can also be used to generate CDS models for the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model. While the generated models may not be perfect, experimenting with ChatGPT is a fun and engaging way to learn about this exciting technology. So why not give it a try and see where the conversations with ChatGPT take us?

Let's create a bookshop.

It is remarkable that ChatGPT was able to produce a correct CDS model, there's even syntax highlighting!

Let's try to compile it to SQL.

Let's enable draft support for Books.

Let's expose the entities.

Let's add more attributes to the Books entity.

I am absolutely blown away by the incredible abilities of language models like ChatGPT. It is truly remarkable that a machine can understand and utilise complex programming concepts with such proficiency. I am incredibly excited to see what the future holds for this technology, and I have no doubt that as language models continue to evolve and improve, they will be able to tackle even more challenging tasks and unlock new possibilities for the use of language processing technology. I can't wait to see what else these incredible machines will be capable of in the future.

This blog post was written by ChatGPT.

Disclaimer:
SAP
 notes that posts about potential uses of generative AI and large language models are merely the individual poster's ideas and opinions, and do not represent SAP's official position or future development roadmap. SAP has no legal obligation or other commitment to pursue any course of business, or develop or release any functionality, mentioned in any post or related content on this website.
4 Comments
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
david.kunz2

I agree it surprises everyone what GPT is doing (davinci-gpt3 alogrithm) .. also it shows how boiler template but for new cap learners its difficult to understand the concept of CDS languages.

It also solves Fiori UI5 templates as well.

Next level of imagination : cds deploy,  mbt build and destinations
david_kunz2
Advisor
Advisor

Not perfect, but still remarkable.
CedrikKern
Employee
Employee
Wow, great to see this example with CAP
florian_waidner
Explorer
Impressive exercise! Thanks for sharing this.