Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonasGermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
The idea of SAP Build Apps is that business users (Citizen Developers) can and should work more closely with IT (Professional Developers) in order to implement current requirements quickly. Depending on what you want to implement, you may want to have access to the complete code that is generated with SAP Build Apps.

An example could be that the business department wants to use an application and designs the frontend with SAP Build Apps and adds some logic. The professional developers, however, do not want to implement the backend and the final steps in a no-code solution, but in a pro-code solution. In such a case it is important to get access to the code generated in SAP Build Apps.

Here you will find a short tutorial on how to output your code in the standard SAP Build Apps (JavaScript and HTML5).

If you would like to try out SAP Build Apps, here is a guide on how to get Free Tier access.

Instructions for the Free Tier Access: --> SAP Build Apps Free Tier Individual Access | SAP Blogs

Optionally there is a sandbox where you can try SAP Build Apps for 30 days.

Instructions for the sandbox: --> Announcing the SAP Build Apps Sandbox - SAP Community Groups

I hope I was able to help you. Have you already thought about using SAP Build Apps or do you have any questions?

Feel free to write me or comment.

Best regards

Jonas Germann
3 Comments
shantanusharma
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Very helpful. Thank you.
JonasGermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
🙂
gauravvj343js
0 Kudos
We have uploaded this folder in BAS but not able to run it? Any specific modification we need to do?

When we create project it creates webapp folder, but it is not creating any web app folder.

It is also not creating views and controllers as well.

Any idea how to go ahead

our purpose it to import project created in Build to reduce our development efforts when we create UI5 application in BAS

Please let us know if this is possible