Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monikar03
Advisor
Advisor

285323_iStock-909695714.jpg

In order to report an SAP case, one must have ‘Send case to SAP' authorization with valid maintenance, you can also find more case related authorizations below 

Display Cases 

Display all Cases. 

Report a Technical Issue 

Send Cases to SAP 

Close Cases 

Display Cloud Data (only needed for some Cloud Solutions KBA 2598170) 

One can report SAP case via Report An Issue Dashboard - SAP for Me . When SAP support cases are created, it is very much needed that you get notifications about the updates in the case, without missing out on any information. 

A very important thing is to have the right e-mail address, or the mobile number updated in the S-user ID to getting the notifications. Please refer the SAP KBA note# 1271545 for more information. 

282305_concur.cafe_04082017_highRes_rev.jpg

You can also add additional contacts to receive notifications for a case by adding them to the Contact(s) section of the case. They can be removed from the notifications by having their contact entry deleted in the case according to KBA 2213199. 

Let us see on how to enable the notification tab to get further notified about the SAP Cases. 

How to manage your notification settings 

Click the Profile icon top right and select "My Settings”.  

monikar03_0-1711707740049.png

Click the Support-Related Notifications tab 

276126_276126_h_ergb_s_gl.jpg

monikar03_1-1711707826298.jpeg

Select the notification type for each application in the list by setting the toggle to ON/OFF. By default, notifications for most applications are activated. 

Launchpad (this will be renamed, refers to SAP for Me Notification area) 

SMS - Use the cog (Settings) icon top right to choose the correct Phone number for SMS 

If using e-mail or SMS, make sure the correct e-mail address and/or mobile number are entered in your S-user Contact Details. 

monikar03_2-1711707860918.png

How to view notifications in SAP for Me :  
Click the "Bell" icon in the upper right corner of your screen 

monikar03_3-1711707898561.png

You can also add additional contacts to receive notifications for a case by adding them to the Contact(s) section of the case. They can be removed from the notifications by having their contact entry deleted in the case according to KBA 2213199. 

IMPORTANT: This does not apply to Cloud Notifications (e.g. maintenance/outage). For those notifications, you must use the Get Notified application. Please see KBA 2900069 for more information. 

Note: 

Cases created in SAP Solution Manager do not receive emails, regardless if this is enabled. The emails only occur for cases created in SAP for Me. 

Cases created by SAP from an Expert Chat session currently do not support notifications. This is a known issue that is being looked at for the future. 

And here are the couple of instances when a notification is triggered for a case: 

monikar03_0-1711720447271.jpeg

Case notifications are sent when the case is updated by SAP with one of the following memo types: 

• Info from SAP to customer 
  • Reply from SAP to customer 

The S-user who created the case ("reporter") will be notified. S-users added to the case as additional contacts will also be notified. 

If there is any change in support components or the case is forwarded to other support levels, a notification will not be triggered. However, technical expert do update the case on the actions taken and keep the customer updated seeking some time to get back with analysis. 

Note: The notification feature cannot be deactivated for the main Reporter, who actually creates a case.  To deactivate the notification for additional contacts, the additional contact entry must be deleted. 

Please feel free to go through the SAP KBA note# 2530034 which explains on how you can manage e-mail or SMS / SAP for Me notifications. 

monikar03_1-1711720765040.jpeg

Important Note: 

Cases created in SAP Solution Manager do not receive emails, regardless if this is enabled. The emails only occur for cases created in SAP for Me. 

Cases created by SAP from an Expert Chat session currently do not support notifications. This is a known issue that is being looked at for the future. 

Please refer the SAP KBA note# 2098967 - What triggers notifications for a case? - SAP for Me to know more about the notifications triggered for SAP case. 

Thanks for reading!  

We hope you found this helpful. Please note that the Customer Interaction Center is always happy to guide you on any of the mentioned processes and assist you with any queries you may have!  

We would love to hear from you, let us know what you think? 

Read more Customer Interaction Center blog posts Here! 

 If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us in the Q&A All Questions in Customer Experience | SAP Community and All Questions in Support Services | SAP Community