Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supreet_kaur2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
This blog post explains how to use Manage ESG ( Environmental , Social and Governance ) Data application in SCT. If you have been using CPE ( Calculation and Processing Engine ) for uploading actuals data for your metrics , this blog would be super useful to know how this can be done via measures in Fiori application.

The application allows you to perform the following functionalities : 

• Import new data from a file to an existing measure.

• Update (Fix) data for an existing measure.

• Import actuals data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud for financial or economic measures. Example : Measure: Amount

• Download templates: These are used for downloading DPI (data provider interface) files in the .csv file format so that customer can use and also view sample data.

Manage ESG Data app

Useful points :

• This application is intended to import data only for ACTUALS. Targets data still needs to be uploaded via CPE.

• If you already have an existing tenant and unable to view the application, Make sure you have relevant roles added to your user in your BTP account.

• SUS_SCT_Manage_ESG_Data_Administrator

• SUS_SCT_Manage_ESG_Data_Manager

• SUS_SCT_Manage_ESG_Data_Viewer

• The Manage ESG Data application allows management of only one measure at a time.

Lets take a Scenario: User needs to upload "Water" related measures in SCT.

What all steps does he/she needs to perform in SCT ?

1. User can Download TEMPLATES ( Sample data as well ) for viewing the structure of the measure.

2. Select the MEASURE for which you want to upload data.

3. IMPORT DATA as per your measure.

4. VALIDATE the uploaded data.

5. If the data has errors, detailed errors can be seen in ERROR LOG screen.

6. After successful validation, user can PUBLISH the data.

Select the measure

Import Data

Upload Data

Post Validation and Publish

Additional Information

For more insights on this application, do check our latest documentation published in our Help Portal.

14 Comments
DebashishM
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Supreet,

A nice blog, though much short than your explanation over videos !

Seeking guidance here - I must be missing a part while trying to config master data for business locations. Having used the sample file(from within SCT), the validation stage shows the following error for all business locations.

Can you pls guide where I am going wrong? Should I reduce the timeframe, i.e.; start date and due date on the data config canvas?

Thnx in advance !

Kr, Debashish.

DebashishM
Participant
0 Kudos
Another query, Supreet.

Is it so that with the introduction of Manage ESG Data app, the 'Upload Data' feature of Sustainability Metrics Catalogue app is removed? 2 options can be seen(we have a license) - (a)Create metrics and (b)Configure.

Kr, Debashish.
supreet_kaur2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Debashish,

Yes with the introduction of Manage ESG data app , upload data wizard is no more available.

Also quick update on the process templates in CPE :

Process templates replaced by new Manage ESG Data app The Manage ESG Data app replaces the following process templates:

• Actuals - create new records

• Actuals - update records

You can now perform these activities directly in the Manage ESG Data app.
DebashishM
Participant
0 Kudos
Thnx Supreet ! Pls note that we do have test and demo license, material code : 8014812.

A couple of mentions:

(a)Though I have raised a SAP for Me case regarding the error(captured on my initial message), appreciate if you pls provide any hint/suggestion to resolve the same.

(b)How to upload Target data - I guess via the process templates. In the session you have all those possibilities, but on our test and demo licensed application, we can't see the Target templates. We do have all the roles(as mentioned in SAP SCT Help documentation) assigned to ourselves. Since you're part of product management, does this situation ring any bell regarding what we are missing?

(c)In October'22 session, hosted by Guido, certain month end closing process templates were demo-ed. It was also mentioned that they are shipped out of the box. Are they not part of test and demo license?
Hello Debashish,

a) Valid From and Valid To fields have to be in YYYY-MM-DD format in the Data Upload in CPE. On the screen shot, I can see that they are in DD/MM/YYYY format. Please notice that when the csv file is updated, the format of the date changed automatically in the csv file, and then, the format is imported with the wrong format.

b) On the Fiori, click on the Upload Targets tile. The CPE environment will open. Click on the pallet button at the left top side. There, click on the Targets - Create New Records and drag it to the right side. Details can be found here: Upload Targets
supreet_kaur2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
As indicated by Lenka below-

Valid From and Valid To fields have to be in YYYY-MM-DD format in the Data Upload in CPE. On the screen shot, I can see that they are in DD/MM/YYYY format. Please notice that when the csv file is updated, the format of the date changed automatically in the csv file, and then, the format is imported with the wrong format
supreet_kaur2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Debashish,

c) We do not have period closing process yet , you can drag and drop templates from CPE. I am not sure what exactly you are referring. Please give some more details. Thanks.
DebashishM
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Supreet,

I am referring to the 18/10/2022 session(SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprises: Sustainability Control Tower - Update - Recording - 18th October 2022).

In the recording 20:50 minutes onward some closing process templates were demo-ed. Attaching screenprint.

Kr, Debashish.
supreet_kaur2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
These are the content packages and can be imported to SCT.

Please find the link to download and how to import in our help portal - https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUS_SCT/351dea6ee9e343ffae825153b95671d6/6680324e08514945aefb712190f33...
DebashishM
Participant
0 Kudos
Thnx Supreet ! Much appreciated.

Kr, Debashish.
injyismaiel
0 Kudos
Hello Supreet,

After uploading the data and creating ambitions for it , why side by side comparison is not available anymore? ( watched a video with it available before)  and if we want to compare air vs/ water co2e for example , what's the best way?
DebashishM
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Supreet and Lenka,

We made good progress with SCT ! Thnx for your guidance. We are now stuck on 2 things:

a. We have ambition(Air-cargo emission) created and enlisted. Insight page taking us to particular ambition/metrics, too. We can see edit and delete icons for each KPI/ambition. We understand that KPI/ambition can be modified(Description, Target) but experiencing that's not the case.
Question - is it a limitation or bug?

b. We have data loaded for target and actual for the same ambition. Even though data(target and actuals) is loaded for many years, graph/chart show only 12 months timeline even we dig deeper and compare different legal entities, business locations etc.
Question - is it a limitation of SCT? Is there any work-around?- Or, are we missing the right way to disclose historical data?

I raised these queries via SAP for Me( Case ID: 832319 / 2023). Thought to ask you as I used to get faster response here than portal 🙂

Thnx in advance !

Kr,

Debashish

supreet_kaur2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Ismaiel,

We are discussing with the UX designers to include the compare screen in our ambitions app. Please stay tuned , once its finalized , i will get back to you.

Thanks,

Supreet
supreet_kaur2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Debashish,

Please see my comments below -

a. Edit Ambition should allow you to Edit the name of the ambition and target value. I know from the dev team that their is an issue which team is working on it.

b. What granularity did you upload the data? Is it monthly, quarterly or yearly?

Hope you have got reply on the Case ID as well.

Thanks,

Supreet