Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor

I just released KBA 2045839 .

It has the product instance definitions of Netweaver 7.3, EHP1 for Netweaver 7.3 and Netweaver 7.4.

This is by no means everything that there is for these product versions in PPMS, but it is a start.

Let me know if you like the document.

5 Comments
divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am getting this while downloading the excel :sad:

Duplicate headers received from server

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Anyone else getting this error? I will attach the Excel to this blog too.

<EDIT> I tried but SCN does not let me attach excel files.

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

thank you for creating the KBA, this information is useful.

Since you asked for feedback....  I would prefer one sheet, with columns for the NW versions 7.3, 7.31, 7.4 etc and rows for the components. Such a layout would enable an 'at a glance' comparison of the differences between the three versions, and would enable future versions to be represented in more columns.

It's always nice when an OSS Note or KBA author blogs on the SCN, it's in a small way like meeting a book author at a book signing.

Best regards,

Andy.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated.

The KBAs themselves have little in the way of a built-in feedback channel, and I rarely get this type of suggestion.

I will try posting the KBAs as soon as I publish them, one by one. I have published lists of KBAs, such as the KBAs in the last month, but never got any feedback for an individual KBA. I value the suggestions because the documents are for your use, after all.

I think I will try to come up with a different way to display the alternatives, that will make your suggested layout more readable than if there were two columns per product.

Best regards,

Miguel

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

this is what I mean...

Netweaver Versions

Application     Software Component               NW 7.3          NW 7.31          NW 7.4

Portal

JEE-Core                              yes               yes                    yes

Server-Core                            yes               yes                    no

Engine                                   yes                yes                    yes

CE

JEE-Core                              yes                   yes               yes

etc

etc

ADS

And this way we can compare without having to flick between work sheets.

Best regards,

Andy.