Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Community,

With the SAP Build Process Automation’s recent release, this blog post will highlight some of the enablement content for the new release features and a few other learning contents which were requested from the Community.

Want to get hands-on experience with these features? Let’s get started with step-by-step tutorials that we have created for you for the below features.

• Links in Forms

• Connect Data Sources in the Drop-down of  Forms using Actions Project

• New features in Recorder

• BAPI Action Group

• Experience SAP Build By Creating End-to-End Sales Scenario

• Extend SAP S/4HANA with SAP Build Process Automation

1. Links in Forms

You can add links to the Forms and map them with the Process content.

In this tutorial, you will learn how to use Links in the Forms.

2. Connect Data Sources in the Drop-down of  Forms using Actions Project

You can add data sources to your form input fields, allowing process participants to select from information managed in external systems. This removes the need to manually add fields and information when creating a form.

In this series of tutorials, you will create an action project based on Business Partner API. You will leverage Customer - GET API which will be used to fetch the customer details from the S/4HANA system and map the Action project to the data set of the Drop-down in Form.

3. Recorder

The Recorder allows you to record different applications. It enables users to speed up the bot design process. Using the Recorder, actions on the provider application can be recorded, metadata of the screen can be captured and the artifacts can be exported to SAP Build Process Automation.

Explore features of the Recorder.

• Capture on Hover mode

• Get Mode

In this series of tutorials, you will learn how to use different modes of the Recorder, read the value of an element using the Get mode of the Recorder, and customize the automation generated through the Recorder by reading the Sales Order details from the Excel creating the Sales Order in SAP ERP.

4. Action Group

BAPI is a standard interface to the business object model in SAP products. BAPIs are the primary methods through which customer code and third-party applications interact with SAP products.

Action Group BAPI UI has been introduced for better user experience and ease of use. Here, you can select a BAPI from a list and then select the required BAPI parameters. The data types are generated based on the selection that can later be consumed in different automation.

What is the difference between Action and Action Group?

Action Project Action Group
Created from the Lobby Created in SAP Build Process Automation Project as an Artifact
Supports API type of REST. Supports API type of BAPI,REST
Should be published to the Library to consume by SAP Build Services Action Group is an artifact in the Project hence, it can be consumed only in SAP Build Process Automation Project.

In this tutorial, you will create an Action Group Artifact and connect to BAPI RFC_GET_TABLE and query the MAKT-Material Master table.

5. Experience SAP Build By Creating an End-to-End Sales Scenario

Scenario: Sales Orders from different customers need to be handled differently based on the sales

order amount. There might be a dedicated approval necessary, before the sales order can be

posted to SAP S/4HANA.

In this mission, you would see SAP Build in action, end to end! Create a sales order process in SAP Build Process Automation, then create an app for entering the sales order data and triggering the process with SAP Build Apps, and put it all together in your own digital workspace for sales order management using SAP Build Work Zone.

6.Discovery Center mission

A brand-new mission on SAP Build Process Automation is released that requires no coding. This mission is designed specifically for citizen developers, and it utilizes Low Code No code (LCNC) tools to help you develop end-to-end processes with SAP S/4HANA. With this mission, you'll also learn how to develop and deploy microservices on SAP Business Technology Platform.

Start your journey on the SAP Discovery Center !

Current Position - What is the challenge?

A third-party vendor needs real-time access to the newly added suppliers to your SAP S/HANA system to validate the legibility of these suppliers. The supplier's details are available only in your SAP S/4HANA system and the third-party vendor does not have access to these details.

Destination - What is the outcome?

Use SAP Build Process Automation to automate the business processes for onboarding new suppliers to your SAP S/4HANA system. Grant a third-party vendor access only to the extension application and to new supplier's details.

How You Get There - What is the solution?

Build an extension application and deploy it in SAP BTP. The SAP S/4HANA system communicates with the extension application deployed in SAP BTP via events in real time. Use SAP Build Process Automation to onboard suppliers with capabilities such as Forms, Approval, Decision, Actions, Workflow and so on.

Please find the summary of the features with all the links at a glance to kick-start your learning.

Feature Tutorial/Discovery center Mission
BAPI Action Group https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/spa-bapi-actiongroup.html
Explore New features in Recorder https://developers.sap.com/group.sap-bpa-automate-app.html
Connect Data Sources in  Drop downs of  Forms using Actions Project https://developers.sap.com/group.sap-bpa-connect-fields.html
Links in Forms https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/spa-add-links-forms.html

Experience SAP Build By Creating an End-to-End Sales Scenario

Experience SAP Build By Creating an End-to-End Sales Scenario | Tutorials for SAP Developers
Extend SAP S/4HANA with SAP Build Process Automation https://discovery-center.cloud.sap/missiondetail/4163/4406/?tab=overview

Happy Learning!

If you are facing any technical issues while learning these tutorials, please use Contribute suggestion to reach out to us and get your queries resolved.

Reach out to us or comment on this blog post for any request for additional learning content.

For more information on SAP Build Process Automation, check out these sources:
9 Comments
shantanusharma
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Chaitanya Priya

What an OUTSTANDING blog post! Not only am I told about the new, wonderful fish in the sea, I am also taught how to go about catching them. I use the tutorial navigator extensively and cannot wait to have a crack at these new features. Thank you very much indeed. I look forward to more such posts.

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks shantanusharma

Glad to hear that you are trying the tutorials to work on the new features! Please reach out to us if you have any requests for particular feature
SimoneLicciardi
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi chaitanyapriya.puvvada
Great Post! Is there a specific mission (or also a blog post) about the newly released features for Decisions (Reusable Rules, Hit Policies and Input Parameters as lists)?

I'm testing on my lab system but I'm struggling a bit to understand how to correctly use them.

Thank you in Advance!
Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
hI simolicc

We will be soon releasing blog post series on Decisions.

Meantime you can refer to the old blog post of SAP Workflow management on decisions.

1. Lists 

2. Reusubale/Vocabulary rule.

There should be slight difference from Workflow management to SAP Build Process AUtomation but the concepts are the same.
FabriceArmbrust
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello chaitanyapriya.puvvada

I tried to follow the instructions you mentioned, to dynamically populate values into a drop-down-list.

Unfortunately I get an error message.

The easiest way to fill the drop-down-lsit would be to assign an array of strings. Is that possible, or what do you suggest in the case you have no S/4HANA-System and just an automation to fill the values in?

Thanks!

Fabrice

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi armbrusterf

Please find my answers below.

What is the error that you are facing?

Regarding the query, Is it possible to fill the drop-down values in a form from the output of automation which has a list of values in an array? It is not possible as of now
FabriceArmbrust
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you chaitanyapriya.puvvada

Maybe that´s a feature you like to add for the future, as it would solve a common issue.

I like to give the user dynamically a list of values to choose from.

I make a workaround now by using a list with the value and a boolean value (checkbox), but a dropdown list would be easier.

Thanks for your answer!
Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi armbrusterf : Thanks for the feedback. I will add to the feature request list.
destoje
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Chaitanya,

I am trying to use the BAPI's in an action group. Is it possible to connect to an S4 private cloud instead of a public cloud?

Kind regards,

Jelle