Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

SAP Build is set of three services (Apps, Process Automation and Work Zone) to build applications, automate processes, and design business sites using low code in simple drag-and-drop approach.

It all started with the blog in SAP Community on the topic submissions for SAP Inside Track 2023. This was an excellent opportunity to showcase recent development in SAP Build services. Then what – we submitted few topics and were ready to be part of SAP Bangalore Inside Track 2023, held in SAP Labs India Bangalore Campus, on 4th March, Saturday.

Never did I thought that more than 1500 customers and partners would turn up on a Saturday to make it the world’s largest SAP Inside Track event. It was a proud moment for every SAP colleague present that day to have witnessed such an extravaganza and got our moment of fame.

The day started with the keynote from Sindhu Gangadharan. After which, I proceeded to Track2 room where we had sessions on SAP Build throughout the day. The first session was from IBM presented by avijdhar . He showcased some excellent use cases that IBM has built using SAP Build services. My highlight was the use of Artificial Intelligence and ChatGPT in conjunction with process automation and build apps. Loved the demo!

Next, was my session on integrating build apps with process automation. In this session, I did a small hands-on to show how easily a process that is built on SAP Build Process Automation service can be triggered from SAP Build Apps. Below is a glimpse of the Sales Order Processing example that was used to showcase the integration.

I have compiled the list of assets that you can use to read more about build apps and process automation integration and try it yourself in your environment:

SAP Community Blog | Tutorial Mission | Get Certified | Learning Journey | Join SAP Builder Community

It is always special to listen how our partners are using SAP Build services to solve gaps with identified industry white-spaces across different line of businesses. Session 3 in Track 2 was a Sponsor session by Convergent IS on how they have used Work Zone and Event Mesh to enrich over digital experience for their consumers.

After attending these sessions, I went across to attend few sessions from other tracks and met many colleagues who have been interacting with me through SAP Community and otherwise. It was amazing to meet them, chat about their product experiences, and discuss on how they can use SAP Build in their organisation.

As I walked towards the lunch area, I stumbled upon Track 8 that was dedicated workstations for enthusiastic developers who want to try out the latest services in SAP Business Technology Platform. It was conquered by SAP Build - with maximum participants trying our process automation and application building using SAP Build Process Automation and SAP Build Apps services respectively. Thanks to ejaz123, gopal.anand and navinkrishnan.manohar for their tireless support at the AppSpace.

Syed feels honoured being part of the hosting team for AppSpace. He further adds "It was truly inspiring to see so many developers, designers, and entrepreneurs coming together to create solutions using SAP Build tools. The event resulted in 133 apps being built in a day, with extremely positive feedback from customers and partners. Business consultants with no coding experience found SAP Build Process Automation scenario easy to use and especially appreciated its end-to-end integration with standard processes from SAP S/4HANA."

Did you miss trying them out? No worries, here are list of developer tutorials that you can use to learn more about SAP build services and its capabilities.

After lunch, we had three very interesting sessions from chaitanyapriya.puvvada , gopal.anand  and Pvsbprasad Khandavalli on SAP Build Apps, Process Automation.

Priya showed one of the interesting and most requested feature of integrating Google Cloud with SAP Build Process Automation in a step-by-step fashion, which also included live tool demo.

Gopal showed how can you integrate and improve user experience with new no-code approach to develop application using SAP Build Apps and Pvsbprasad presented a self-service application powered by Build Apps for manufacturing industry.

Hear what Gopal has to say about his session:

"I got the opportunity to showcase how to build extensions on SAPBTP using SAP Build Apps. During the session where I showcased building extensions in 10 mins. it was great to interact with the customers and partners, answering their questions and collecting valuable feedback from them. There were implementation-related questions and saw a lot of traction and eagerness to try out SAP build apps"

With this, an amazing day came to an end. Memories of so many wonderful interactions, great conversations and amazing showcases of product and solutions will be there with us for many days to comes. Special credit to entire #sitBLR organization team for a very well prepared and executed event – in all sense.

1 Comment