Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Latest Update January 2022: With the next release of SAP Business Client 8.0 the open source version of Google Chrome (Cef Chromium Embedded Framework) will be replaced by Microsoft Edge. Both controls, Cef and Edge are based on Chromium. Cef will be supported until 2.4. 2024. See also here.

January 2021:

We are happy to announce SAP Business Client 7.70, launched together with SAP GUI for Windows 7.70.

With the SAP Fiori UX Integration, the new Fiori 3 theme Quartz is available with Business Client.

Quartz Light will be the standard theme, but the dark theme – Quartz Dark - has already gained a lot of admirers too.

With the implementation of Microsoft Edge WebView2, Microsoft's new browser control based on the fast Chromium rendering, we offer a future-proof browser control automatically updated at OS level.

Once again, many of the new features were developed thanks to being requested by customers. These features include:

Fiori 3 Themes:

Quartz Light & Dark, High Contrast Black and High Contrast White.

Microsoft Edge:

Microsoft Edge WebView2, Microsoft's new browser control based on Chromium, was added as new browser control inside SAP Business Client

64-bit Version:

SAP Business Client provides better support for large and memory-consuming web-based applications now. On a clean installation the installer automatically chooses the version of the operating system.

Dynamic Browser Selection:

Running different browser controls in different tabs at the same time is now possible (IE+Edge). So choose the ideal browser control for each target application (e.g. using ActiveX).

"Cloud Integration" - SAP Launchpad Service Integration (former SAP Cloud Platform Launchpad):

With 7.70 you can connect to your launchpad in the cloud (SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry runtime environment) and whenever there is a navigation to a transaction running in an on-premise system, the transaction will be rendered with SAP GUI for Windows, otherwise SAP GUI for HTML.

Compact Header:

New header design, increasing the space for your applications (Menu=>Show tabs in a separate row)

SAP Fiori Launchpad Session Management:

Session timeout handling between SAP Fiori Launchpad and SAP GUI

Take a look at the following video for further details:

SAP Business Client 7.70: What's New - YouTube

7.70 is fully downward compatible with its predecessor. To use the new Quartz theme, you need the UI5-Version 1.71 and S/4HANA 1909.

At least 8 Patches are planned for 2021.

Related Notes:

SAP Business Client 7.70: Prerequisites and restrictions

SAP Business Client 7.70 expected releases

Maintenance Strategy and deadlines for SAP Business Client / NWBC

Related Blogs:

SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Recommendations for transitioning users from SAP GUI to SAP Fiori | SAP ...

App Finder

Related Documents:

ABAP and SAP Launchpad service

Support Timeline*

* Refer to SAP Note 2302074 (SAP Business Client) and SAP Note 147519 (SAP GUI for Windows) for details

Download:

Software Downloads - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

Any Questions?

Stay safe and have a successful year!
52 Comments
abo
Active Contributor
Sandra, the links are to the internal sites! Granted, the note numbers are visible so it's not a showstopper, still you might want to edit them.

Thanks for the news, I'm gonna check it out now.
JaimeRodriguez
Participant

There is no possibility to access a Business Client connection with Edge browser control

It is a 750 system, with UI5 version 1.71

Jean_Sagi
Participant
Hi, Sandra,

Tanks for the announcement.

NWBC is working very well and its nicely integrated with SAP-Gui. The new SAP Quartz Dark theme is astounding as you said but unfortunately (there is always something isn't it?), is not well supported in some areas (ABAP development, BW). Belize is perfect BTW.

Do you know where I can report some of the glitches, I've found?
It would be awesome for them to addressed in the next patch.

Overall, is an amazing release.

J.
zfiori
Participant
Dear Sandra,

Happy new year, 2021.

We've installed SAP Business Client 7.70 Successfully.

But, we have a trouble that input field is missing in SE80.

(Browser Control : Chromium // Logon Language : ZH)

Hope you may follow this issue, later.

Overall, is an amazing release.

:)

Thanks.

Miller Lam.
Hi Sandra,

had anyone such a problem (both BC 7.7 and SAP-Gui 7.7) before, as follows?

the using of "Webview2 Browser Control" in connection to "OCI Punchout Websites", nothing returns. If I use instead "Internet Explorer" then it works, but the Site ist not designed for IE...so I have to use Chromium.

Thanks in advance

Michael Morgenstern
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

Could you test it wth Edge. Does it work?

Regards,

Sandra
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

the website is working with edge and chrome. How can I test with Edge? If I call the URL from the punchout shopping Website and Post back the results from a shopping cart to the hook_URL e.g. www.google.de, then the google answer is Status 401 not allowed. That is probably correct from google. It seems that google receive the Post from the OCI-Website.

Do you have a development team for asking about the OCI problem? Or should I open a Ticket for this issue?

regards

Michael
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

yes please, create a ticket.

BC-FES-BUS-DSK

Choose between IE, Chromium and Edge:

Ok thanks ... I'll open a ticket.

Just again for the sake of completeness:
You only have these "Primary Browser Control" option in the Business Client ... and it seems like it has no effect on the behavior with OCI when the post is returned from the shopping cart to the client.

In SAP Gui 7.7, the relevant setting would be "HTML Control"> "Edge (based on Chromium)" and "Internet Explorer". This setting seems to apply to both clients. It works on both clients when I change it to Internet Explorer.

Michael
XanderRijken
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Jaime,

We face the same issue.

Did you solve this issue in relation to Edge?

Kind regards

Xander
JaimeRodriguez
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Xander,

I could fix it installing patch level 1.
XanderRijken
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks!

Found the right patch will download an install this patch.

manug9
Hello,

we are facing the same problem. Is there a solution available?

Thanks,

Manuel
0 Kudos

The same thing happens to me, when I select EDGE, the OCI catalogs do not return anything from the basket. ARIBA is on permanent standby.

In SPRO, the symbol "greater than" does not appear in mode "Quartz"

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Ramon,

does it work with IE?

Regards,

Sandra
0 Kudos
Yes, it works fine with IE, but there is a "punchout catalog" that is not compatible with embebbed IE, so I have changed it to EDGE.

Thanks

Ramón

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

an internal investigation is running right now. Unfortunately I could not find your ticket.....

Did you open one? Please send me the incident number.

Regards,

Sandra

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

the issue is under investigation. Could you open a ticket. For tickets please use the following component: 

bc-fes-ctl

Regards,

Sandra

0 Kudos
is already open. It's note 390224 / 2021 417041 Problems between ARIBA and SAP when using the EDGE browser as SAP's embedded browser a SAP.
0 Kudos
Hello Sandra,

the Ticket is now open ... Ticketnumber is 0020751294 | 0000413349 | 2021

Components: SAP GUI for Windows Controls (BC-FES-CTL)

Regards

Michael
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Ramon,

the new PL is there. This should solve that issue.

Title: SAP GUI Tree control : Tree icons are not displayed completely when the font size is set to 10.
Link: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3022668

Regards,

Sandra
marc_schuler
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,
we have a design issue with Business Client 7.0.
Some of the menu bars are cut off.
This is only in transaction Project Builder CJ20N.
Did you have an idea where it comes from?

CJ20N

Kind regards,

Marc

0 Kudos

hi, in trx SE16N, when I hide a column, this happens to me, the columns are scrolled.
I have 7.70-SP2

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Marc,

I don't have authorization for transaction CJ20N. Does it behave the same in SAP Logon? Could you please check on that.

If so - it's not an Business Client issue and you should create a GUI ticket (component BC-FES-CTL) with all necessary information (traces, PL, ...).

See also:

SAP GUI for Windows 7.70: New Features & Lifecycle Information | SAP Blogs

Kind Regards,

Sandra
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Ramon,

it's an ALV right? I am afraid you also have to create a ticket:

BC-FES-CTL with all necessary information (traces, PL, System, ...).

Regards,

Sandra
macarranza
Explorer
0 Kudos
We upgraded from BC 7.0 to BC 7.70 SP3 and after the upgrade we are seeing 2 issues:

1. Missing icons for some options like Search (F4)

2. Cursor disappears in some fields

THe upgrade also considered SAPGUI. This issue is not happening in SAPGUI.

We applied SP5 to try to correct the issues and they are still happening.

Is this a known issue?

MC
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

it seams to be an SAP GUI issue even if you only see it in Business Client. Please use the SAP GU Patch. 

Software Downloads - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

If this is not working create a ticket with the component:

BC-FES-GUI

Regards,

Sandra

0 Kudos
messages.sapsrm Dear Team, Do you have any update for the above ticket. We have also the same issue with OCI using Edge (based on Chromium).

Please share the solution michael.morgenstern

Many thanks,

Vijay

(Robert Bosch Germany)
former_member768870
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Solved 🙂
former_member768870
Discoverer
0 Kudos
solved
tgdfudi1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Sandra

In the GUI settings, despite SNC, I can achieve that I have to log in with a password. This is what this checkbox is for. This makes sense if, for example, I want to test with other users. Is there also this possibility for the launchpad integration in the business client? Unfortunately, this setting does not respond to the launchpad call via the Business Client. The launchpad is always started directly with my user without forcing a login.

Would be cool if you could run test users in this way via Launchpad Integration within the Business Client.

Thanks for a hint.

Diego Furrer

LOGON with Password

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Diego,

I'll ask my launchpad colleagues. If you create a connections with a "wrong" client, one that doesn't  exist - you'll get the logon screen for the FLP. Unfortunately you cannot enter the "right" client here. Let's wait for their answer.

Regards,

Sandra
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Diego,

I learnt that you can configurate the client field in the ICF. See here:

Configuration Settings - SAP Help Portal

Note:

Don't use the ICF service /sap/bc/ui2/flp! You need to configure an external alias. See here:

Customizing the Launchpad URL - SAP Help Portal.

To be honest I didn't check it myself yet. So please give me your feedback.

In case of any issues you have to create a ticket on the FLP component.

Kind Regards,

Sandra
tgdfudi1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra

Thank you very much for your answer. I will check your suggestions and let you know.

Best regards

Diego
a_vanengen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Sandra,

We're facing the same issue with an OCI punchout from the purchasing transactions like ME51N and ME21N in combination wtih Gui 7.7 and the browser option HTML Control  set to  "Edge (based on Chromium)"

Do you know if a solution is available for this issue. In S/4HANA 2021 OP I do need to select this HTML control setting to Edge instead of Internet Explorer because of other Webpages called from S/4 HANA  like transaction ESH_COCKPIT.

many thanks

Albert van Engen
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Albert, the ticket created by Michael has been closed automatically (no customer reaction in time - no solution provided). But we need a ticket to analyze the issue. It might be related to CTL but we cannot be sure. So please this time use the component BC-FES-BUS-DSK.

We need the traces and a step-by-step description. And our support will need a connection.

Could you please create a ticket?

Regards,

Sandra
a_vanengen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

thanks for your quick reply.

I've created a new ticket with number 115153 / 2022 for the issue.

Regards,

Albert
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Albert,

the issue is under investigation by the CTL Team. They are responsible for the Edge control within SAP GUI for Windows.

Regards,

Sandra
cunchit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sandra,

After I had already installed the SAP BC 7.70 the system showed an error after installation and the program crashed cannot open (Please see the picture).

My computer installed window10Pro  64 bits.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎03-‎Sep-‎21
OS build 19044.1586
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Best Regards,
Cunchit S.

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear Cunchit,

What about your GUI version?

You need 7.70
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Cunchit,

what about your GUI version?

SAP Business Client 7.70: Prerequisites and restrictions
Link: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2928874

Or do you have several Business Client versions in parallel?

Try the following:

Uninstall all versions.

Install 7.70 PL 11.

If it doesn't work open a support ticket (BC-FES-BUS-DSK).

Attach all the logs from here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\Logs

Regards,

Sandra

cunchit
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will try to do the step following you are suggested.

Best Regards,
Cunchit S.
0 Kudos

Dynamic Browser Selection:

Running different browser controls in different tabs at the same time is now possible (IE+Edge). So choose the ideal browser control for each target application (e.g. using ActiveX).

Hi Miss, we're running ISHMED module in SAP, there is a tcode called PATGROUP that runs ACTIVEX Control called Silverlight (using IE), and in our UIBB there is a section that called a website using Chromium.

Can we run them both at the same time, how do I achieve that? is there any documentation?
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

Out team tester reported slow response when typing tcodes,

if we type in too fast, such as se16n, it only reads se.

So if we finished type in SE16N before that auto suggestion appear, it will leaves us with only partial letter such as SE.

So how do we fix this?
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Samuel,

to analyse the issue we need more information e.g. a verbose trace. In the settings go to support, select the trace level verbose. You can also open your trace folder from there or use the following path:  %LOCALAPPDATA%\SAP\NWBC\Traces

Have a look at the documentation as well:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_BUSINESS_CLIENT/f526c7c14c074e7b9d18c4fd0c88c593/23370c5cfe3846b485b16...

You have to create a support ticket (component bc-fes-bus-dsk) with the verbose trace attached.

Regards,

Sandra
JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

I asked this question here https://blogs.sap.com/2021/02/02/internet-explorer-11-will-no-longer-be-supported-by-various-sap-ui-... ...

where bottom line of the question was: Is IE Browser with Java Applet supported in NWBC 7.7 (it works on the same machine with NWBC 7.0)

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Jens,

can you please create a ticket: BC-FES-BUS-DSK and send me the ticket number.

We need the traces. Actually it should work as expected.

Regards,

Sandra
JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
Thanks Sandra,

here's the ticket number: 465105 / 2022

Many thanks 🙂

Cheers

Jens