Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IvervandeZand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

SAP's vision for the end-to-end Data & Analytics workflow is strong & unique

No surprise the Data & Analytics workflow plays a big role as part of the SAP Business Technology Platform. Everybody is in some kind of transformation and especially Digital transformations should be data centric. Handling that data centricity in real-time through the full workflow - and in the end giving it purpose with actionable Planning & Insights - is key for becoming a data driven enterprise.

The way to handle that requires a very well thought-through approach. SAP pays great attention to that approach and builds the data & analytics strategy around 5 key principles. I'll discuss them below.

The end-to-end workflow itself encompasses the full stack going from the database through data quality and master data management, onto central semantics, cataloguing and ending up with actionable Planning & Insights.

More details on the SAP Data & Analytics stack can be found here.

Key differentiators for SAP's Data & Analytics workflow

If I'd summarize the key differentiators of the full end-to-end Data & Analytics workflow as positioned by SAP, it looks like this. In below video I discuss them in detail. Have a look and study them carefully: these principles & differentiators are key in anything we develop as part of SAP Data & Analytics

1. Keep things in Context

2. Strong Governance & Compliance capabilities

3. The Closed Loop of Planning & Analytics

4. Portability of the full platform

5. Richness of Eco system

In a consolidated picture, it looks like below:

About the BTP CTO TechTalks

Every month I will discuss a core use case as part our the SAP Business Technology Platform with you. I will do this from a slightly technical angle. The CTO TechTalks are meant not only to inform you, but also to start an open discussion with you. So please feel free to use the commenting functionality below and share your thinking with me.

About the Author

Iver van de Zand is the CTO for the SAP Business Technology Platform in EMEA North region. He shares his knowledge primarily through this community and on the dedicated SAP BTP LinkedIn Group for best practices. Why don't you join and stay informed on SAP BTP?
2 Comments