Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shani_ozeri
Participant

This blog is for portal content administrators who would like to learn about the administration tasks required for enabling SAP Fiori launchpad on Portal (FLP on EP). It contains pre-configured sample content that you can import into your portal. In only a few steps you can easily run the SAP Fiori launchpad experience within the SAP NetWeaver Portal environment.

SAP Fiori launchpad on Portal is available for portal customers as of NW 7.31 SP12 and NW 7.4 SP7. It is highly recommended to update to EP latest patches before running FLP on EP in order to get the most updated version.

With FLP on EP, portal users can control which applications appear in their launchpad on mobile devices and on the desktop. Portal iViews appear as tiles in the launchpad and access to content is based on portal roles, per device. Administrators can configure content to appear by default in the home page for all users and tag content as New and Recommended.

SAP Fiori launchpad on Portal provides the following capabilities:

• The ability for administrators to configure content for different devices.

• A dedicated framework page for displaying the SAP Fiori launchpad.

• Access to the tile catalog containing the content that users can add to their home page.

• The ability to save personalization per device.

Let`s get started:

1) In versions NW 7.31 SP12, NW 7.31 SP13, NW 7.4 SP7 and NW 7.4 SP8, create a URL alias and add it together with the Fiori desktop to the Master Rule Collection:

a) Create a new URL alias using the URL Alias Manager:

b) Add the alias together with the Fiori Desktop to the Master Rule Collection:

Starting NW 7.31 SP14 and NW 7.4 SP9, the URL alias "portal/Fiori" is already maintained in the URL Alias Manager. Only required to add the rule in the Master Rule Collection. For details see SAP Note 2042363.

2) Define the relevant device types using the Device Group Manager:

3) Import the OOB_Admin.epa file located in Out of the Box FLP-EP Admin Content, using the Transport Packages import tool.

This transport package contains the following:

a) Fiori Launchpad Categories iView - Manages categories in the tile catalog. Administrators can create categories to group applications in the tile catalog. The iView is configured with sample categories:

b) A role for assignment to users, containing iViews that are configured to demonstrate the different properties available for FLP on EP, and web resources for the tiles:
In order for the content to be visible in the home page and tile catalog, set a container in the hierarchy as entry point (role, workset or folder). Make sure that the iView is set to visible.

4) Work with the iViews and different properties to manage the content for FLP on EP. The following properties are available on each iView, allowing you to configure tiles according to your requirements.
Note: The iViews in the sample content has already been configured to highlight the various capabilities of FLP on EP.

1. Mandatory: Set the device groups on which the application will be displayed using the property "Object ID of Device Group". Separate the device groups with a semicolon (;). If this property is not set with any device group, the tile will not appear at all.

2. Set the categories in which the application will appear in the tile catalog using the property "Mobile App Categories". Separate the categories IDs with a semicolon (;). If this property is not set with any category ID, the tile will appear under the General default category.

3. Mark an application as default using the property "Permanent in Launcher" to make it appear in the user's home page the first time that the user logs in. Users can remove default applications from their home page. If this property is set to "False", the application will only appear in the tile catalog.

4. Set an image on the tile using the property "Image Type".

5. Promote applications in the tile catalog:

• Set property "Mark as New Until".

• Set property "Mark as Recommended Until".

6. Indicate a native application using the property "Native App". If this property is set to "True", the application will only appear in mobile devices (even if the device type is set to desktop).

Here are some examples of configured properties on the iViews from the Out of the Box FLP-EP Admin Content:

Without making any changes to the sample content, this is how the user`s home page will look:

This is how the user`s tile catalog will look:

Now you can play around with the Fiori launchpad on Portal. Enjoy the new experience and let us know what you think!

To learn more about FLP on EP:

144 Comments
shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

It is available in NW 7.40 SP13 which will be released to customers around beginning of November 2015 as well.

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Shani. I am able to see default tiles for User (new user), may be i need clear PCD cache for existing users.How does it work once we are in production? We may not able to clear each individual's cache.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shani,

portal system is 7.4 sp 11.

When user logged in ,blank screen is displayed.

But when i right click on blank page --> open properties -->copy Address URL and paste in new tab and launchpad is displayed.

if i changed iview property " Launch in new window" to Display in separate headerless window(standard) then i is open in new window but as a blank page.

Please Suggest.

Thanks & regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos

Hi shani.ozeri ,irena.kull ,

I have followed this blog step by step. Everything works fine on FLP. But when I log in to Regular portal with the test I assigned OOB role, I see a new Top level navigation created named Launcher.

Is it possible that we see iviews only in Fiori launchpad and not in our Regular Enterprise Portal.

Thanks,

muktesh.mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muktesh Mohan,

I could not figure out how a top-level navigation Launcher is related to your question. Could you please elaborate?

In general iViews visible in FLP are visible in portal.

Best regards,

Irena

0 Kudos

Hi Irena,

The role in the sample content given in this blog has a entry point called launcher and it is creating a L1 in portal. Is there any way that all the iviews and worksets/folders are only visible in FLP and not in portal.

Thanks,

Muktesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muktesh,

For portal content it is impossible. Actually, it's other way around: worksets/folders are never visible in FLP, for iViews you have special visualizing properties.

The only content visible in FLP and not visible in portal is the remote ABAP content (please refer to

New SAP Fiori Launchpad on SAP NetWeaver Portal Features (NW7.31 SP16, NW 7.40 SP11))

Best regards,

Irena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muktesh,

Actually there is a way to filter the portal content by desktop ID. Please try:

http://help.sap.de/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/7a/0d3fd577184217abf672883ffd5c57/content.htm

former_member195676
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shani Limor, Thank you for detail blog. We got Fiori working in our landscape. Is it possible to reduce tiles size (on Fiori on Portal - Java Instance).

Thanks,

Sri

shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

At this point, it is not possible to reduce the tile size in the Fiori Launchpad.

Have a great day,

Shani

former_member195676
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shani. Is it possible to change User name on Fiori Launchpad Homepage. It is showing User ID, want to change to User Name.

Thanks,

Sri

shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

This issue was fixed. Please see note 2169762 - In Fiori Framework Page on EP, Logon ID appears instead of the user name.

Have a wonderful day,

Shani

sarah_bavousett
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shani

I have been able configure Fiori Launchpad on the Portal, setup Device groups and run the ECC Fiori applications. I am sending all Smartphone and Tablets to the Mobile logon Page and all desktops logon to the Normal Portal page and then select the Portal Tab to Launch the Fiori Apps.

My problem:

When I configure the Tablet user agent in the Device Groups to include the Surface Pro devices, the Fiori app’s quit working and appear to stop at the “ClickjackingProtectionError”,
on Surface Pro tablets only. I have uploaded a screenshot of the error.

When the Surface Pro uses the Normal Portal Logon and launches the Fiori Apps it works without issue. Other devices such as IPad that use the Mobile logon Page have no issue using the Fiori Launchpad and Apps

Does anyone have any suggestions or a solution for this issue?

Thank you

Sarah

shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Which device and browser exactly are you using?

Thanks,

Have a great day,

Shani

former_member195676
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shani. It fixed our issue.

sarah_bavousett
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shani

We are using the following device and browser

Surface Pro 3 Core i5 4GB 128GB

•1.9GHz Intel Core i5 4300U

•4GB SDRAM

•128GB Hard Drive

•12in 2160 x 1440 Display

•IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g,
IEEE 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 •Windows 8.1 Pro

Browser Version:
IE 11.09600.18053

Thanks for your help on this matter

Sarah

0 Kudos

Hello Shani,

This is a Great blog and help us to understand and configure FLP on EP.

I was trying to enable the UI theme designer but having some issues.

We are on portal 7.4 sp 11. I tried to enable the UI theme designer making the Less entry in laf NWA. But after restarting the portal we are unable to see the logon page in irj/potal.

If I remove them again & restart then i am able to see the logon screen at irj/portal.

any ideas?

Thanks,

Arun

shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Have you updated EP SCAs to latest patches?

Have a great day,

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shani,

Our portal is 7.4 SP11 and have been trying to launch and see FLP as per your blog post.

My problem is that the FLP launches itself, but the tile etc. do not look as desired. There are no tile borders, tile icons or background colors. I suspected the browser first but the result is same for Chrome or IE11. Seems like the theme is not rendering properly. I did not change anything in he content provided. Any ideas why it is happening so?

Thanks,

Sonali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shani,

I am on Portal 7.4 SP 8.

The Portal is hosted on cloud. Its not the HANA Cloud but on a server which is hosted in the cloud.The firewall is open and I am able to access the Portal pretty well. But I am facing problem with FLP.

I have gone through all the steps in your blog but I am not able to see the FLP screen once I give the url : http://<hostname>.<port>/irj/portal/flp.

I am getting a blank screen with only my User ID at the top left corner and the text "Remove Tile " at the bottom left.

I have used Chrome , Firefox and IE 11 but I am getting the same output in all the three browsers.

I am not sure what the problem is. I checked using F12 and I found some Access Denied messages.

Please Hellp.

Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Thanks  Shani,

We upgraded to the latest SP13 and the issue is resolved.

I was looking at the Fiori Launch Pad on the Portal and differences between Fiori launch pad on EP and the back end Launchpad and I have following questions

1. Is it possible to have the multiples themes options as user preference in Fiori launch pad on EP like it is available in the Back end Launch pad?
  2. It is possible to have News tiles in Fiori launch pad on EP?

Thanks,

Arun

shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Please open an OSS message on EP-PIN-NAV-FFP, as we need more details (like full error) to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Shani

shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Both functionalities: "Support for user selection of theme" and "News Tile" are planned to be released in 731 SP18, 740 SPS15 (java stack SP13) and 750 SP2.

Thanks and regards,

Shani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shani, we have installed SAP EP 7.31 SP17 and trying to use the FLP on the portal.  I have similar issue as mentioned by sonali.ms Nov 5, 2015 12:44 AM"

Rendering of the FLP on the portal is missing the theme and it's very sporadic when the theme works.  It works sometimes but most of the time I don't see the theme, this issue happens in IE9, Chrome latest version, Firefox latest version on the Windows.

We are running on the latest patch as well for SP17

Here is the screenshot attached

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shani ,

Nice blog , congratulations to you .

I have few Question will apericate your response .

I have a Requirement to Launch a Custom Framework (need to choose one of the approach - Custom Portal framework or Fiori or SAP ui5 application) in a Mobile application runing on J2ee Server .

If i follow this blog it seems i will get Set of Iviews (OOB_Admin.epa) which i can use .

Ideal Scenario for me would be if i can use my URL Iviews which point to UI5 Application .

Question to you is Can i create a Firori LaunchPad on SAP EP with URL iviews (UI5 Application ), which will appear in as Tile on Fiori Launchapd .

URL iviews which already exist in my SAP EP .

SAP Portal version 7.4

Regards,

Armaan

shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Armaan,

The content provided through this blog is just sample content for administrators to experience the configuration and FLP@EP look and feel.

You can integrate\activate any existing and new Portal content through FLP@EP using the properties described above.

Note that there are many more capabilities you can use through FLP@EP. You can read about them through the following links:

1. New SAP Fiori Launchpad on SAP NetWeaver Portal Features (NW7.31 SP16, NW 7.40 SP11)
  2. New SAP Fiori Launchpad on SAP Enterprise Portal Features in NetWeaver 7.40 SP12 (Java stack) + End-user Experience with FLP on EP (SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP13) - video
  3. 2031108 - SAP Fiori Integration with SAP Enterprise Portal - Central note

Have a great day,

Shani Limor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav ,

I am facing same issue , did you get solution for this issue , This is a Quirks issue if i am not wrong .

Please do let me know .

Regards,

Armaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shani ,

Thanks a lot for the information , Nice work .

I have followed what you mention , here is what i did and what the result is a Blank Screen .

Kindly advice me would appreciate a lot .

Do let me know if i can chat with you or something

1) created URL iview

2) Properties of Iview set as follows

3) It come in fiori Launch Pad

4) When i click on Iview / Tile it shows blank pag

5) Press F12 emulation , it has IE 5

6) change the Mode to IE 9

7) Then the Iview open

0 Kudos

Very useful and easy to learn with screenshots.

Thanks for the blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a wonderful Blog.

Appreciate if you could assist with few clarifications. We are using SAP Portal 7.4 SP12 and no gateway.

1. Can we change the Tile Size . Currently its 1x1 by default. Can we change it to 1x2 etc and where do we need to do this change.

2. For Some Reason after Login we are getting the blank Page, We have to go to Catalof and then Home page. Though We have maintained the Categories and the Setting "Default App in Home Page " in iView we still face the blank page upon logon. We also cleared the User Personaliztion etc, but nothing works,

3.  The Information for "Service URL" can only be retrieved from gateway or we can provide the data through a JSON ourself.

Thanks

Yusuf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yusuf,

1. Tile size can be changed starting from NW7.4 SP15 (1x2, 2x2, 2x1). It is a portal iView property.

2. please  install the latest patch and try again. If the issue still exists open a ticket for EP-PIN-NAV-FFP component

3. you can create a portal component which is getting data from any source and point to it in a service URL.

Regards,

Irena

santohrao_gundelli
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Shani,

This is a wonderful blog, I have tried to configure FLP in my portal and when I checked with portal URL alias it shows blank and when I try to add titles to home it shows loading.

Configuration:

1. URL alias configurations are done.

2. Master Rule Collection is updated with FLPdesktop.

3.Iview properties are maintained.

Please find attached screen and help me.

Thanks,

Santosh

former_member195676
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you check for below things...

-iView has this property "Object ID of Device Group" -  "com.sap.portal.dg.tablet;com.sap.portal.dg.smartphone;com.sap.portal.dg.desktop;"

- and iview assigned to role and user has the role.

If you have these, it should work for you.

Thanks,

Sri

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shani,

you are mentioning the Out of the Box FLP-EP Admin Content .

Is this OOB package from a SAP note and will be updated ?

Thanks,

Kai Unewisse

0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

This OOB FLP-EP admin content package is still relevant, it is a basic content for FLP on EP.  However,  there are additional new features which are not included inside this Package.

Is there any specific requirment?

Best Regards,

Dana.

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dana,

no special requirement. We just updating to 7.31 SP17 and i wanted to see what is possible...

Thanks,
Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Shani,

Thanks for the nice blog!!!

I configured FLP on portal.But when i open the page error " “ClickjackingProtectionError”.

NW 7.4 SP13 portal system and Browser is IE 11.Please let me know how can i fix the issues.

Thanks

Santhosh
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Shani,
how can i integrate webdynpro for abap iviews?

Best regards
Oliver
shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Oliver,

You can integrate any type of iView into the Fiori Launchpad in EP. The configuration is the same (step by step as mentioned above).
Please notice that the Fiori Launchpad supports running iViews in-place for standard applications starting NW7.31 SP15.

I encourage you to read the following blog (and all other blogs by Irena Kull), to learn about the enhancements done with regards to FLP@EP in each NW SP.

Have a wonderful day,
Shani
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi there

There are several references to : Out of the Box FLP-EP Admin Content,

The links in this blog to this content do not work.
I was not able to find this on the Service Marketplace.

Are you able to provide guidance to where to find this content ?

Thanks in advance
shani_ozeri
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Minesh,

Thank you for raising this issue and sorry for the inconvenience. The link was corrupted after the move to new SCN.

I`ve fixed the issue and the transport package is now available for your use.

Enjoy using FLP@EP,

Have a great day,

Shani
0 Kudos
Hello Shani,

Excellent blog & inputs - Thank you for the information.

I am looking for a specific scenario to add subcategories and display them under main Fiori tile e.g. FioriHomePage -->Category 1 (in a closed folder or collapsed view) -->Tiles.

What I have is Category - Tiles which is consuming large area on the home screen.

Thanks,

Kamal
Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shani,

This is a scenario of FLP integrated on SAP Portal.

I am facing an issue in display of SAP Fiori Launchpad contents when being launched from portal Role (web-dispatcher portal url). I am getting the content as in below screen-shot. Please note that the same content is being launched properly when using direct web-dispatcher fiori launchpad url.

My EP version is NW7.4SP09 & FLP is NW7.4SP13

Please help in resolving the same, if anyone has faced similar issue earlier.

* Web-dispatcher is configured for integration scenario and we are able to access portal using same.

link to discussion: https://answers.sap.com/questions/228636/flp-content-not-displaying-properly-when-being-lau.html

Thanks,

Rakesh
0 Kudos
Hi Shani,

Need your help.

How Shall I add UI5 icon to my Fiori tile Iview  in Portal ?  There is a property in Portal Iview called SAPUI5 Icon Name :  , here I will give values as  SAP-Icon://ImageName.   From where this source image is being called, and where is the UI5 image library exists in Portal. Could you explain please.

Regards