Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steffen_ulmer
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Community,

Although SAP Master Data Governance, cloud edition is a SaaS solution you can configure predefined custom fields. This feature is similar to what you know from the on-premise world as "Z-fields". Compared to data modeling and appends in ABAP it is much easier to configure the "predefined custom fields".

You can use the fields in central governance, consolidation and data quality management and you can also define your own validation rules for the predefined custom fields.

The following screenshots shows you a predefined custom field in a request form of SAP Master Data Governance, cloud edition central governance

I recommend to read this HowTo-Guide for more insights and a step-by-step guidance to configure the feature:

Configuring predefined custom fields in SAP Master Data Governance, cloud edition

Best regards

Steffen

BTW: If you are interessted in creating more complex validation rules in SAP Master Data Governance, cloud edition I recommend to read this blog post: SAP Master Data Governance, cloud edition: Create a validation rule
3 Comments
AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Nicely explained and illustrated. Keep it up!
TimC
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Hi Steffen - quick question hopefully, does this allow 'configuration' of standard fields in the BP i.e. to make them always mandatory or even suppressed if they are not required ?
steffen_ulmer
Advisor
Advisor
yes:

1. with the "Adapt UI" feature you can also configure (re-label, hide) standard fields.

2. I would build checks ( like mandatory) with the DQM app "Validation rules- Business Partners" as i described in my blog