Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
Finally, what has already been available with different cloud products, is now available for SAP Fiori front-end server 2020 for S/4HANA as well: the new SAP Fiori launchpad spaces and pages. You might have already read the blog post Structure the SAP Fiori Launchpad Layout with Spaces and wondered, which parts of it will be available for on-premise and where are the differences. In short: both of the two new SAP Fiori apps Manage Launchpad Spaces and Manage Launchpad Pages are available and there is also no difference in the launchpad from a user perspective. There are however some differences from an administration perspective with regards to role maintenance and activating spaces on the system. Continue reading, if you would like to learn about how to get started with spaces and pages on an on-premise system.

By the way: This is not yet another blog post which describes the spaces and pages concept in detail again, but really aims at providing you the specifics of spaces and pages in the on-premise world. If you would like to first understand the concept itself, have a look at the blog post Structure the SAP Fiori Launchpad Layout with Spaces, which gives you an introduction to the new SAP Fiori apps as well.

How to Access the New SAP Fiori Apps for Managing Spaces and Pages?

In order to achieve the layout of the launchpad on the above images, there are the SAP Fiori apps Manage Launchpad Spaces and Manage Launchpad Pages. You can find them in the SAP Fiori group “Fiori Launchpad” or the new space “Fiori Launchpad” as part of the standard role SAP_FLP_ADMIN. The SAP Fiori tile catalog which contains those apps is the catalog with the ID SAP_BASIS_BC_UI_FLD.

Activate the OData Services

The following OData services need to be activated on the system, to enable the roles which use them, as listed in this table:

You can find more information on the FDM_TRANSPORT_SRV OData service in the Transport Information documentation.

You need to either activate those OData services manually or use the task list SAP_FIORI_FOUNDATION_S4. Please have a look at the documentation for Task List SAP_FIORI_FOUNDATION_S4 in order to get more information on its usage.

Role Maintenance

After having activated the OData services, you can start creating spaces and pages for your business roles, using the apps Manage Launchpad Spaces and Manage Launchpad Pages. Each space you create can be assigned to a business role. This is done in the SAP GUI in the transaction PFCG.

Once you open a business role in edit mode in the transaction PFCG, you find a new option to assign a space to that business role. You reach this option by selecting Menu and opening the drop-down menu of Transaction. In the category Other, select Launchpad-Space. This opens a popup where you have the possibility to enter the ID of your space.

Enabling Spaces

After completing all the previous steps, you need to finally activate spaces and pages for your users. For this we have introduced two new parameters: SPACES and SPACES_ENABLE_USER. Please find a description of how to use and where to set the two parameters in the Enabling Spaces documentation.

SAP-Delivered Spaces and Pages

SAP delivers spaces and pages for many business roles which can be used as templates. You can use them for testing purposes, as well as having a look at how SAP has defined spaces and pages for certain business roles. You can find those spaces and pages

• in the apps Manage Launchpad Spaces and Manage Launchpad Pages in the overview of both apps, when you select the SAP-Delivered tab.

• in the transaction PFCG, when you copy an SAP business role. A reference to the corresponding SAP-delivered space will be assigned to the role.

In the documentation for Working with Predefined Spaces and Pages you get more details on our recommendation on how and when to use SAP-delivered spaces and pages.

Availability

Spaces and pages are now available for on-premise with SAP S/4HANA 2020. For SAP S/4HANA 1809 and SAP S/4HANA 1909, if the front-end server components are upgraded to SAP Fiori front-end server 2020 for S/4HANA, the tools and features around spaces and pages are available as well. Please note however, that the SAP-delivered spaces and pages are only available with SAP S/4HANA 2020. For more information have a look at SAP Fiori Deployment Options and System Landscape Recommendations.

Further Information

To see, which other great SAP Fiori 3 innovations alongside spaces and pages are available with SAP S/4HANA on-premise, continue reading the blog post Major next steps of SAP Fiori 3 available for SAP S/4HANA on-premise – spaces, central entry point, ...

On top of that, would you like to know more about where all the tools that have been mentioned in this blog post fit in with all the remaining tools that are available for the SAP Fiori launchpad? Then have a look at the blog post SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Overview of tools for maintaining custom launchpad content and layout, which gives an overview of the history of all tools and details on when to use them.
25 Comments
former_member642624
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the information and detailed explanation.

Is there a way to find the Business - Space Assignment in a table or any report? I tried /UI2/FLC - This shows Roles and Catalogs but not the Launchpad Space.

Thanks,

Rohit
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, for this purpose there is no ready-made report yet.

Best regards,

Sylvia

ajaygupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvia,

I am not able to see the SPACES settings in the 'user action menu(me area)' of Launchpad.
Are there any special configuration apart from adding Launchpad Configuration parameters viz.'SPACES' and 'SPACES_ENABLE_USER'.

Also I have added the roles 'SAP_FLP_ADMIN' and 'SAP_FLP_USER' and was able to create spaces and pages. I have assigned the space id to my business role.

We are using S4HANA 2020 onPremise.
FES - 2020 SP00
SAP_UI 755 001

Best regards,
Ajay

Missing Spaces settings

sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
Hello Ajay,

I can see by your screenshot, that you added those two parameters in the SAP Fiori launchpad designer as an additional personalization parameter. Could you please make sure, that you instead set the parameters as described in Setting Parameters in SAP Fiori Customizing via the backend transactions /UI2/FLP_SYS_CONF or /UI2/FLP_CUS_CONF? It is linked from  Enabling Spaces , which gives you additional information on the two spaces properties.

Best regards,

Sylvia
ajaygupta
Participant

Thanks Sylvia.
That resolved my issue.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sylvia.strack ,

I perform the settings in /UI2/FLP_CUS_CONF as per the latest comment. However, my launchpad immediate broke with the below error screenshot.

Couple of other issues faced are:

1. Spaces does not appear in the Settings tab of the Launchpad
  2. How to perform maintain - business role activity - currently demo-ed using Fiori app(for on-premise)
  3. What is the best practice to follow? Couple of options in my mind are:
    Option a: Select the Fiori app from library -> Create a Copy of SAP Fiori Business Role -> Create a copy of the relevant Catalog and attach to Custom role -> Assign role to user
    Option b: Create a custom space -> Create custom catalog for each fiori app and assign to space -> Assign space to custom role and then to user.
    Pardon my long query. But, I would appreciate your inputs to ensure that the recommendations are followed.

Spaces settings in GUI results in error on launchpad

sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Sharath,

With regards to your issue about enabling spaces for the end-user selection in the settings tab: Could you please check whether you have set the parameter SPACES_ENABLE_USER to the value true, and not (only) the SPACES parameter?

With regards to the issue that can be seen on your screenshot: did you check whether the catalog SAP_BASIS_BC_UI_FLD is part of your administrator role? This catalog contains the apps that are part of the space "Fiori Launchpad".

If for any of those two issues you are not able to get forward with my answers, please open an incident for SAP at the BCP component CA-FLP-FE-UI, so that someone from support can have a closer look.

For the best practices that you are looking for we have an SAP help article: Typical Scenarios for Managing Launchpad Content . There we describe the basic scenario and also an advanced scenario when managing launchpad content and layout with spaces.

Best regards,

Sylvia
Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Slyvia,

I initially observed that under "Manage Spaces" app there were no spaces in the tab - SAP delivered content.

Later, In the process of activating app, found that OData services were not active(FDM_TRANSPORT_SRV and another FDM service). I activated it.

Now, when I checked in the manage spaces app, all the SAP spaces existed. My issue was resolved.

I am not 100% sure of the fix but my guess is the cache clearance may have fixed it.

Now, Spaces appeared in settings and spaces work seamlessly now.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sharath

KevinOoi
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi sylvia.strack,

Does Launchpad Pages and Spaces work with PFCG Derived Roles? We tried to do this with PFCG Master / Derived Roles but seem to find that the Spaces are not visible to the user when they are only assigned with the Derived Role (which have the Pages and Spaces from the Master Role).

We can see the Launchpad Space in the Derived Role in PFCG but somehow the user is still unable to see the Space when they log into Launchpad. If the Master Role itself is assigned, then the Space is visible.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Kevin
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Kevin,

With the implementation of the SAP Note 3031501 - Support of derived roles for spaces mode you should be able to use derived roles in the spaces mode of the launchpad.

Best regards,

Sylvia
KevinOoi
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Sylvia, that SAP Note works for us!

Oddly we tried searching multiple phrases like ‘Derived roles Fiori Spaces’ but that SAP Note just didn’t turn up.Can I suggest the SAP Note owner to  add some additional search terms like ‘Fiori spaces’ with ‘Derived Roles’?

Appreciate the help again.
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Kevin,

I'm glad that the SAP Note works for you and thanks a lot for your feedback! I will contact the SAP Note owner so that additional search terms will be added, as proposed by you.

Best regards,

Sylvia
0 Kudos
Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the information!!!.

can you also share some of the important tables relevant to spaces/pages for some scenario's like,

A) If I enter a role name I would like to know the space ID.

B) If I enter a Space ID I would like to know which Page ID and Section it's mapped or vice-versa.

C) If I enter a Fiori ID I would like to know which Page ID and Space IDs it's mapped or vice-versa.

Thanks!

Regards,

Vineeth
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Vineeth,

In general, there is planned to be a new list report available with SAP S/4HANA 2021 FPS1, that will let you get all the information from A), B) and C) in a convenient way. Please check out the What's New in the SAP Help documentation once the new release is available, in order to find out more.

For A) and B) there are already now other ways possible, how you can get the desired information:

A) If I enter a role name I would like to know the space ID.

--> For this you can use the method /UI2/CL_PFCG_UTILS=>GET_SPACES_FOR_ROLES_RT

B) If I enter a Space ID I would like to know which Page ID and Section it's mapped or vice-versa.

--> Here you can use the table /UI2/STPGAC, which provides a nice maintenance view

C) If I enter a Fiori ID I would like to know which Page ID and Space IDs it's mapped or vice-versa

--> The assignment of a Fiori ID to a page is a very indirect one, which makes it complicated to find out this information and which needs a programmatic solution. Therefore I would recommend to wait for the list report that I mentioned before.

Best regards,

Sylvia
Thanks for sharing these details. They were very helpful, and they helped me dive a little deep.

As you said, the table /UI2/STPGAC provides page and space details. I see the table /UI2/PGSECC provides page and section details. In both the tables, 'PAGE ID' is common. So, I have used SE16H and joined these two tables for a single view display 🙂

Regards,

Vineeth
Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Rohit, This is now available as of SAP S/4HANA 2021 FPS01 - report /UI2/RSP_LIST you can find more about it here: https://help.sap.com/viewer/a7b390faab1140c087b8926571e942b7/202110.001/en-US/176d0942f9ce48abad79e1...
Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Rohit, This is now available as of SAP S/4HANA 2021 FPS01 - report /UI2/RSP_LIST you can find more about it here: https://help.sap.com/viewer/a7b390faab1140c087b8926571e942b7/202110.001/en-US/176d0942f9ce48abad79e1...
0 Kudos
We have configure below two parameters in our development system using T-Code "/n/UI2/FLP_SYS_CONF" and moved it to higher environment.

1.SPACES
2.SPACES_ENABLE_USER

After importing it to all the higher environment we are able to see those parameters in all the environment except production system.

Can you please help here to resolve this issue.
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Chirag,

Right now it does not seem as a known issue to me. Hence the best way for us to help you with your issue is that you create a ticket on the component CA-FLP-ABA. This way we are able to have a look at your issue directly in your system.

Best regards,

Sylvia
0 Kudos
Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for quick response.

We have already created incident in component CA-FLP-FE-UI.

Regards,

Chirag
sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Chirag,

This component is also fine. Thanks a lot for this information!

Best regards,

Sylvia
former_member700052
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for sharing knowledge able article. I  created spaces and pages and when tried to add   Fiori apps from catalog , page display 'Out of role context' while saving.

Thanks,

Hardeep

sylvia_strack
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Hardeep,

Did you make sure that you have done the assignment of the page to a space and then the assignment of the space to the business role, which contains the business catalogs, that you added the apps from?

Best regards,

Sylvia
former_member700052
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Sylvia,

Issue has been resolved.  Thanks for Sharing valuable article.

Thanks,

Hardeep

former_member831365
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Hardeep,

How did you resolved your issue? I'm also facing same issue. It will be great if you explain in detail. Help me to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Sainath.