Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nipun_madan
Advisor
Advisor

Introduction:

As an IT admin, managing multiple destinations for different resources can be time-consuming and complex. However, with the new feature of creating a single destination with a global setting in the Actions Editor, managing resources has become easier. In this blog post, we will discuss this new feature and how it can be utilized for different projects.

Note: All the existing Action Projects that are consuming the existing API-specific destinations can still continue to work as is or use a central system-specific destination as explained below using the Resource Path feature.

Before Resource Path Feature:

• IT admins had to create separate destinations for each resource when testing actions with destinations

• Example: creating separate destinations for Business Partner and Sales Order resources

After Resource Path feature:

• IT admins can create only one destination with URL: <s4system>

•  

• Use Global setting in the action editor to set the resource path

Example

Project One example:

• Created using business partner OAS

• Set the resource path as /sap/opu/odata/sap/API_BUSINESS_PARTNER_SRV

• Use the above-created root destination to call the API

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.55.01 PM.png

Project Two example:

• Created using sales order OAS

• Set the resource path as /sap/opu/odata/sap/API_SALES_ORDER_SRV

• Use the above-created root destination to call the API

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.57.02 PM.png

Conclusion:

In conclusion, this new feature of creating a single destination with a global setting in the Actions Editor is a game-changer for IT admins. It simplifies the process of managing multiple resources and saves time. With the ability to set the resource path globally, IT admins can use the same root destination for different projects, which makes the entire process much more efficient.

Call to Action:

We hope you found this blog post informative and useful. Please feel free to share your feedback or thoughts in the comments section below.

References

1. Help portal documentation on the topic Actions Editor can be found here.

1. More help regarding this feature can be found here.

5 Comments
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
Thanks for sharing 🙂
DigantTrivedi
Explorer
Can you please guide me how to achieve response from this URL. I get response in API but not in Action response.
/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZXXXX_SERVICE_SRV/GetXXXXXXXHeaderSet?$expand=GXXXXXXXXXXY&$filter=MNUMBER eq '1234157'
nipun_madan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Trivedi,
Please share the below details for solution

• Destination Details (URL)

• Resource Path (From Action Editor)

MikeDoyle
Active Contributor
Hi Nipun, thank you for the blog.  Could you please explain how this can be used with the current Process Automation functionality?

When I create an action project it immediately demands that I choose an OData service from those that can be reached from the applicable destinations. This means that the destinations must include the service path (and not just an external system (per your example) or a CAP application). If we do this then I don't see what scope there is to use the resource path at all
nipun_madan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi @MikeDoyle ,

With the latest feature release, you can now add the service path during the project creation. You will see a screen like below during project creation to add the service path

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 2.52.12 PM.png