Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manuel_Namyslo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Background

As you remember from my latest blog, I am still working on my workflow scenario for managing and streamlining purchase requisitions. A key component of my project is a lightweight forms application to be provided to my business user in order to trigger workflow instances as a self-service.

Table support

Due to the latest releases on the Forms Designer of SAP Build Process Automation I can now add tables within my forms to generate collections of data.To test it yourself you need to generate a project in SAP Build Process Automation and generate a form. The tables functionality is available for trigger forms, general forms and approval forms in a similar approach. Her you can see an example of my trigger form for generating purchase requisitions:

You can see on the bottom-left side that an additional UI element is now available which is the table view. You can select it or drag & drop it directly into your screen. Once you have done that you can select multiple additional UI elements which you can incorporate inside your table view, which are:

• Text

• Checkbox

• Number

• Date

In my example I kept it very simple and created a line-item table view for purchase requisitions:

Afterwards you can see in the output of your trigger form that we have now a collection readily available which can be used for other activities like RPA-Bots, Decision Rules or Actions Project to post the data into my S/4-System.

In my example I am reusing the data inside an approval form. In order to achieve this you need to have the table view UI-element inside the approval form. And you need to map the data as you can see in the screenshot on the right-hand side:

After deploying my project I can now test my new advanced trigger form inside my Fiori Launchpad and add the purchase requisition line-items accordingly:

And this is the point of view of the approver – very nice!

Conclusion

I am very delighted by this new capability – I will now keep an open eye to the announcements at our Help-Portal because our engineering teams add new capabilities frequently.

Also feel free to submit additional feature request via our Customer Influence campaign. To submit your feature request, please visit the campaign “Handling workflow and robotic automations with SAP Build Process Automation”: https://influence.sap.com/go/btp-pa

Stay tuned!
7 Comments
felipefeito
0 Kudos
Hi ,

Im working in a little project in SAP BPA, using a form and an automation. The form has an table with some rows and columns. Is it possible to capture the entire table and use it as an array in the automation?

I tried to do some examples, but the automation only recognize the first row.

thanks in advance
MaxSt
Explorer

Hi,

Many thanks for the Blogpost!

My goal is to use the Output List of an Action Project as an Input for a table in a form. In this case I want to display Item Data from a Purchase Order  which is read via API. 

How can this be achieved? Cannot find any documentation on "required List". The message is saying "The Output fields must be a required List". Could you please help me here? Many thanks!

MaxSt_0-1708512522531.png

nehamuneshwar
Discoverer

I am also facing same issue.

nehamuneshwar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

nehamuneshwar_0-1709131407424.png

MaxSt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey @Manuel_Namyslo 

Any advice how this could be solved? Many thanks. Max 

MaxSt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

found the solution. It is necessary to set the Output of the Action Project to mandatory. With this it can be used for the table in SBPA.

MaxSt_0-1710834908592.png

MaxSt_1-1710835111580.png

nehamuneshwar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

very thanks MaxSt