Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor

In this SAP Cloud Applications Studio Video-How-To I will show how you can integrate external applications with your custom built solutions. I will show how to provide your own Web Service Interface and how to provide an XML interface for mass or excel uploads. In the later parts I will also show the standard web services available in the system and how you can consume external web services with your applications.

For the Web Service part I will show you how to generate a WSDL for you Business Object and also how to consume it later via SOAP UI (free tool for web service testing).

These tutorials are based on my use case "Bonus Plan" but can also be consumed apart from that. All my videos where I explain everything from the very beginning can be found here: SAP Cloud Applications Studio Video-How-To's.

Part 1: How to provide a XML interface for mass data uploads via XML.
Part 2: How to provide a web service interface for your custom business object.
Part 3: How to activate a standard web service interface (i.e. for managing customers).
Part 4: How to consume an external web service (provided by an external application) with SAP Cloud Applications Studio.

Video recommendation: watch in HD (1080p) for best experience.

Part 1: How to provide a XML interface for mass data uploads via XML? (in 13 minutes)

(and upload the data via excel / xml)

Part 2: How to provide a web service interface for your custom business object? (in 11 minutes)

(and consume the created service directly via SOAP UI)

Part 3: How to activate a standard web service interface (i.e. for managing customers).
TO BE DONE (please wait for an update)

Part 4: How to consume an external web service (provided by an external application) with SAP Cloud Applications Studio.

16 Comments
SvenFeurer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jens,

Great content. Thanks a lot for this blog! When it comes to integration I recently also saw a couple of customer projects where we integrated SAP Cloud for Customer with 3rd party solution via CSV files (expecially for the outbound case). Therefore we also used the SDK in order to compile the data records and put them onto our WebDAV folders. From my perspective a very basic and 'old-fashioned' integration scenario, however, many customers still request such a file-based integration :wink:

Regards,

Sven

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sven! I hope I can finish the other two videos soon to make the blog "complete" :smile:

Yes, we also got the request for the CSV files. Do we now have standard access to the outbound folder so that we can create CSV files? Actually I have never done that, so if you have time maybe you can post your example :wink:

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Update: Part 4 How to invoke an external web service with coding is there :smile:

I also created a separate blog entry for more detailed information on this as the video is a little longer: Video How-To: Invoke an external web service via coding?

SAPjedi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jens,

for some reason, viewing the above videos is quite blurry when I expand full screen.  Perhaps I have some wrong setting ?  Or has Youtube removed a bit of the resolution...

Tim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about the way SVEN followed but I know that there is a Field Transformation feature to create files in WebDAV but never used it. May be you can check that way if you want.

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Great videos! They seem like exactly what I need. I have an interesting problem: a customer's system has multiple contracts. Each contract has several items in it, and each item has several fields in. For each item in each contract, two particular fields need populating with percentages (the fields were added afterwards, and as such weren't populated with the rest), and it's infeasible to enter each one manually due to the sheer volume of items. It is also infeasible to simply create new contracts. Therefore, my question is:

Is it possible to either

a) use the XML upload method in the first video above to modify the values of existing fields en masse, instead of creating large amounts of new items;

OR

b) is it possible to modify the web service method in the second video above so that you can do a large run of update operations instead of having to enter and send each request manually?

Thanks in advance,

Lewis

dpksghl_30
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I have two tenants in C4C and trying to consume an external Web Service developed on one tenant from the other tenant.So I am taking the URL of first tenant(Containing Web Service) as the Host Name while managing communication system.

Now on the second tenant I don't have any web service so no Inbound services. When I am making communication arrangement , I need a path(copied from Inbound) to be pasted in Outbound(as shown in the video) but here I don't have Inbound so no path.

Please let me know if I can  get this path from somewhere else.

Thanks

Deepak

former_member273190
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Jens, great blog!

About CSV files, any updates?

I have a request from customer to upload CSV files into C4C but i'm trying to get a XML file instead of CSV to avoid any custom development.

I appreciate if you have some thoughts about it.

BR,

Mauricio Predolim

former_member609998
Participant
0 Kudos
All your videos has been removed... Where did they go?
Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
Hey,

you are right. My older videos got removed... I will check if they can be restored... The newer videos are all in place: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/12/19/getting-started-with-the-cloud-application-studio-new-video-series/

Cheers

Jens
former_member609998
Participant
0 Kudos
Awesome! response time. Thanks a lot!

Also thanks for the great explanations in your videos!
Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
Hey,

unfortunately those videos were removed and I have issues getting them restored...

The documentation explains how those integrations work and if you search the community you can also find more examples.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/cbcebe3cfb1647a8b0322c18dbb0b481/2021.11/en-US/7504592673e210149761cca92...

Sorry, I will still try but I am almost afraid those are gone...

Cheers

Jens
former_member609998
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for the effort.

Best regards,
barryyousap
Discoverer
Hi jens.limbach2

It's nice posts .

But why all of video is private  ? we can't see it (both sap and youtube) .

Is this any new URL for those video ?

Thanks a lot .

Barry
alessandro_bruni
Explorer
0 Kudos
Same here ... why is private?

alessandro_bruni
Explorer