Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP RAP extensibility: Behavior extension messages not reported in UI

p619793
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on SAP S/4HANA 2022 on-premise and trying to display a message in UI of fiori app 'Manage RFQs' (F2049). I have extended the item behavior definition ReservationDocumentItem.

However the custom message does not show in UI upon saving. Only a standard message from standard validation method 'validate_confd_quan_atp' appears.

But the custom message added in behavior extension of header appears as expected.

Please help on why the custom message from behavior implementation for item is not appearing.

Best regards,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shavneet1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello volker.drees

Do we have any update on this ?

For me also custom messages gets added at the header level, but for the item level, it does not gets added to the UI. just a framework Message , resolve data inconsistencies , that too in the form of pop up. i am calling both header and items messages validation in the draft action prepare only.

draft determine action Prepare

{

validation validate_fields; " Header validation works good

validation validate_fieldsitems; " item validation.. does not works.. it even does not works at item level also..

}

we are in SAP S/4 HANA 2021 on premise release .. was this bug fix in higher releases ?

sumit.kundu2 : was this fix for you ? koradaramjee789 : please check this.
Regards ,Shavneet
shavneet1
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sumit ,

I have somewhat similar query related to Messages.

I am getting messages in the form of pop and not at the left footer , i dont know what wrong i am doing.

I wrote the blog post on this , but have not got any reply on the same.

Can you please have a look, and help here.

Message handling in DRAFT and Strict Mode | SAP Community

Regards ,

Shavneet

volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

simply add your item-validation as explained above to the existing draft determine action Prepare on header level.

Best Regards, Volker

p619793
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi volker.drees ,

I already did that and it doesn't get called when an item is edited.

Best regards,

Sumit

volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit, then I guess you need to raise a ticket, so that the developers can have a look.

Best Regards, Volker

volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

can you try to further extent the draft determine action Prepare, by adding your item validation to it:

validation ReservationDocumentItem~validateStockItem;

Best Regards, Volker

p619793
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi volker.drees ,

The item has no action 'Prepare'.

I also added another method similar to similar validateStockItem to 'draft determine action prepare' of header BO but the method does not get called when directly editing a quantity in item and saving from reservation edit page.

I debugged and saw the method validateStockItem is called and message is added to message buffer but perhaps the message is somehow getting lost till the UI.