Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Restful: How to publish publish APIs in productive systems

BenjaminWeishei
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I created an unmanaged business object with cds, service definitions and service binding and testet it successfully on our development system. Then I transported it into our QA enviroment and tried to publish it, unsing the publish button in Eclipse.

The systems that I cannot publish the service because "Changes to repository or cross client customizing are not permitted". I assume I could go to transaction SCC4 to work around this error, but shouldn't there be a better solution for this? I don't want to change global systems setting every time i need to publish or unpublish one of our APIs.

How can I publish a RAP service binding in a a productive environment without changing settings in SCC4?

(Release is 19/09 on-prem)

Thank you an best regards,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Ben,

when pressing the "publish" button the repository objects that are created are only created in the package $TMP.

You have to unpublish the service in the development system and then use the SAP Gateway toolset, namely the transaction /iwfnd/maint_service to activate the service.

This time you should choose a package that will be transported.

In the documentation it is described here (section Service Transport)

"In an on-premise system, you can only use the service binding to enable your service locally and test it in the development system. Transporting the service binding with all the related artifacts that are generated locally is not possible. To enable your business service in a qualification or productive system, you have to disable the service in your local system (Unpublish with new ADT client versions or Deactivate in older ADT client versions). Then use Gateway tools to activate and maintain your service."

Service Binding - SAP Help Portal

A screen shot you find in my following blog post.

Do I need a SAP Gateway Hub when using the ABAP RESTful Programming Model? | SAP Blogs

Kind regards,

Andre

BenjaminWeishei
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

that solved it. Seems like I missed this, when I read the the documentation.

Thank you very much,

Ben

cordialsarthak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi andre.fischer ,

Greetings of the day!
My query is regarding a way to continue working on enhancing backend OData service (Developed using ABAP RAP model) without affecting the Frontend development activities. Something like OData versioning when following the old SEGW style.
One of the ways that came to my mind was LOCAL testing of OData API without publishing. For example, we have CDS RUN / CDS WATCH commands in Cloud Application Programming Model (CAPM). If this is possible, then backend developer will keep on continuing to enhance OData service and since they will not publish it, Frontend developers can continue working based on older stable version of OData service.

Regards,
Sarthak Gupta

Answers (0)