Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing external schema through XSA

whereistejas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to access an external schema through my XSA application. However, whenever I try to build my hana DB module I get the following error:

Processing grants files... 
Processing "src/MitControlDetails.hdbgrants"...
Using grantor service "MitControlDetails" of type "sql"
Error: Error executing: GRANT "external_access_hdi_g" TO "CALCULATIONVIEWS_HDI_DB#OO";
(nested message: invalid user name: CALCULATIONVIEWS_HDI_DB#OO: line 1 col 34 (at pos 33))
grantor service: "MitControlDetails", type: "sql", user: "XSA_EXTERNAL"
file name: src/MitControlDetails.hdbgrants
  1. The hana database which I'm trying to access exists on the same tenant as the XSA instance.
  2. The roles which I'm trying to grant exist in the external schema.
  3. The user and password used in the external service is correct.
  4. I have obtained the SQL port number used in the CUPS service by going to the system details in hana studio and looking in the landscape tab. There we can see the SQL port for the indexserver.

Also, I'm able to use the service to find different database objects when I try to add them in calculation views (through the "find data sources" window). So, I'm pretty sure the service works. But, somehow it is failing during built.

I'm running SPS 04. For some reason, my service doesn't function without providing it the host name and port explicitly.

I'm assuming, the containers technical users auto-created by the hana system in the target database, whenever the HDI container is built.

Can someone please help me resolve this issue or point me to the right source?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

whereistejas
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve this issue. I was creating projects in the "SAP" space instead of creating a separate "DEV" space. This was causing all the issues. So, I created a DEV space and had it mapped to the appropriate tenant database and everything worked out fine.

Answers (0)