cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning access to folders in SAC

JamesRLongstaff
Participant
0 Kudos

I recently moved models from the public folder in SAC and assigned rights to the now private folder, which created some conflicts with null values in some tables in the related story. I therefore moved the model back to the public folder but now no user could access the model. Previously any model in the public folder was available to all users. Was there a change in policy over this or did I do something wrong? Is this to do with the use of teams to assign rights rather than individual users?

The other issue with the null values I haven't been able to solve it without giving the end user the BI Creator role, which I would rather not do as this allows them a whole range of access when they are BI Viewer in reality.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Please check the sharing settings on the top-level public model folder. Furthermore, the recommendation is not to move models into a private folder but use a public folder and assign sharing rights based on teams. The issue around the null values is related to this. Can you see any errors in the developer tools of your Chrome browser (press F12 and check the console tab).

Kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Interdobs