Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAS on BTP to replace Informatica..

ashutosh_shrivastava4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have requirement to replace Informatica from below flow -

This is high level solution architecture.

So here I will talk about only SAP flow. S/4 Hana data is extracted using SDI to BTP and further logic and Transformations are written on Informatica to push the data to Teradata.

Teradata is a global storage where data is coming from all other sources (Oracle/BPCS/SAP). Dashboards (Cognos / Tableau) are created on top of Teradata to consume data from all data sources and regions (US/EMEA/APAC).

Now, We SAP team is planning to replace Informatica. One possible solution would be, create a calculation view on BTP using BAS (replicate logic and transformation from Informatica).

Please suggest what could be the other approach to look into this scenario.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ashutosh.shrivastava4,

To enable a more targeted response from the community, it would be helpful if you could provide more context for your requirement by answering the following questions:

1) When you say "S/4 Hana data is extracted using SDI to BTP", I assume you are currently replicating the data into an SAP HANA Cloud database and then applying logic and transformations before pushing this data to Teradata via Informatica. Is that right?

2) What is the reason for staging the data in BTP (SAP HANA Cloud) first before sending to Teradata? Have you thought about solutions for extracting from S/4HANA directly into Teradata?

3) What is the reason for wanting to replace Informatica as the data orchestration middleware?

4) Do you currently have either SAP Integration Suite or SAP Data Intelligence in your landscape?

5) Your proposed approach of creating a calculation view on SAP BTP (presumably in SAP HANA Cloud) may address the business logic and transformation requirement. Are you asking if this approach is used, what a recommended data middleware would be to consume the calculation view and transfer the data to Teradata?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

If you already have Informatica in your landscape and it will remain for the other non-SAP flows, then there is no point in REPLACING it with another integration middleware because you are just adding to your tech stack instead of simplifying it. Perhaps you are really asking if you can ELIMINATE Informatica from the SAP flow. In that case, you can try the approach I previously suggested of applying the technique in SAP Note 2750543, to use the SDI Data Provisioning Adapter for Teradata to WRITE BACK to a virtual table in order to UPDATE THE TARGET TABLE in Teradata. I'm not sure if this approach will work with a Calculation View but it may be worth trying.

Regards,

Mustafa.

ashutosh_shrivastava4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Hope this flow will help you to understand.

Looking for suggestion / solution on how to replace Informatica (Only from SAP flow).

Thanks

ashutosh_shrivastava4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, All ERP's data extracted by Informatica respective to their project flow.

Example--

User can create reports based upon his choice of ERP's field (May be master data and transaction data are from different ERP). So, all ERP's fields mapping is done in such a way at Teradata.

Thanks,

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought the SAP S/4HANA data goes into SAP HANA Cloud first?

ashutosh_shrivastava4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for your reply. SDI is already implemented (to extract S/4 data to Hana cloud platform) in existing project flow.

Teradata contains more than 5 ERP at this point of time.

My question is how to replace Informatica from the flow? Can BAS on BTP (Cloud foundry) a possible solution? or suggest other approaches.

Thanks in advance,

Ashutosh

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are the 5 ERP systems you are referring to S/4HANA systems for which the data is provisioned in SAP HANA Cloud using SDI?

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

According to SAP Note 2750543, you can use the SDI Data Provisioning Adapter for Teradata to write back to a virtual table to update the target table in Teradata. Perhaps this approach may address your needs.

Regards,

Mustafa.

ashutosh_shrivastava4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

please find my answer -

1) When you say "S/4 Hana data is extracted using SDI to BTP", I assume you are currently replicating the data into an SAP HANA Cloud database and then applying logic and transformations before pushing this data to Teradata via Informatica. Is that right?

Ans- Precisely yes (Currently there is no logic written at SDI (Only filter), Informatica is simply consuming replication tasks and writing logic, transformation further pushing data to Teradata).

2) What is the reason for staging the data in BTP (SAP HANA Cloud) first before sending to Teradata? Have you thought about solutions for extracting from S/4HANA directly into Teradata?

Ans- There are various regions (APAC, EMEA etc.) which requires cloud data for their own purposes.

3) What is the reason for wanting to replace Informatica as the data orchestration middleware?

Ans- IT team wants to replicate logic and Transformation at HANA DB (HANA cloud platform), which is there at Informatica. Actual reason behind this approach is not known.

4) Do you currently have either SAP Integration Suite or SAP Data Intelligence in your landscape?

Ans - We don't have SAP Data Intelligence in our landscape. How DI is going to help in existing landscape.

5) Your proposed approach of creating a calculation view on SAP BTP (presumably in SAP HANA Cloud) may address the business logic and transformation requirement. Are you asking if this approach is used, what a recommended data middleware would be to consume the calculation view and transfer the data to Teradata?

Ans- Yes. I want to know if this approach is feasible ? can we establish the connection between SAP and Teradata ? How calculation views will be consumed and mapped with other data source's fields as Teradata having more than 10 ERPs data.

Thanks,

Ashutosh