Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing a BW hierarchy into BEx and the Universe

steve_bickerton
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a hierarchy in BW that a BEx query can access. In BEx, If I right click on the Row (G/L) and go to properties I can see the Hierachy Name it is the row is associated with to. When natively run in BEx the hierarchy appears.

But when I import the query into designer, I don't see the hierarchy.

The hierarchy is there, however, when I put the universe directly on top of the cube.

How can I include the hierarchy in BEx so it appears in universe?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

is the hierarchy activated in the BI query ? If not then you won't see it in the Universe.

Ingo

steve_bickerton
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

It is activated in BEx. If I right click and go to properties, active has been selected.

The Row icon also has an upward arrow which denote drill I believe.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I am talking about activated in the BEx Query Designer - not any of the BEx reporting tools.

ingo

steve_bickerton
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ingo, it is active in BEx Query Designer.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- the hierarchy is active

- a hierarchy is selected

- when you run the query with Bex Analyzer or Bex Web reporting the hierarchy is being used by default ?

so do you see the levels in the universe ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ingo,

I'm facing the same issue.

1. The hierarchy is active

2. Hierarchy variable is enabled

3. Running the report in Bex Analyzer show the hierarchy properly

3. No errors found in RSRT

The universe .UNV was created on top my BEx query using UDT (Universe Design Tool), now whenever I use the dimension (Financial Statement Item) which is a hierarchy in BEx as a result column in WebI, im getting the error msg "specify a value for variable Financial Statement Version".

The Financial Statement Version will prompt only through BEx, but I'm not sure how to do this in WebI and maybe you can share some thought on this.

Your response will be much appreciated,

Mark

Answers (0)