cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can running SAPGUI transactions with fiori lanchpad, slipstream engine on BTP Neo ever work?

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a solution made by consulting company where we run normal SAPgui warehouse transactions on a tablet (Ipad or Windows). transactions are started via Fiori Launchpad and on top of that is some slip stream engine / screen personas.

The environment is BTP Neo.

We have major problems and the business people don't believe that it will ever work and I also have my doubts.

Some of the problems

• Somtimes a transaction freeze in the sense that functions does not work anymore - enter and pushbuttons has no effect, but the screen is not completely frozen, because the input fields are active and we can fill the fields and jump from field to field. Only solution is to return to the Fiori Launchpad and start over again.
  • In the warehouse process the users sometimes start a process in SAP and then do physical warehouse work for a long time before they complete the process in SAP. The are then experiencing various time outs, so they lose connection to the SAP process. If they had som locks in SM12 when the timeout happened, then these locks are not deleted before someone does it manually in SM12. There are a lot of OSS notes trying to fix this problem, but they doesn't work. The time outs come in 3 different versions (we can see this in SM21) SAPGUI AUTO LOGOUT, SECURITY SESSIONTIMED OUT and HTTP PLUGIN AUTO LOGOUT. The timeouts are annoying, but the really big problems is that the backend session and the SM12 locks are not deleted.
  • When a radio button is marked, it does not automatic unmark the previously marked radio button. The backend program knows that the radiobutton changed, but on screen it shows 2 radiobuttons selected - until next time the screen is re-rendered after an enter of some other function.

All in all this is kind of useless and therefor I ask: Will this ever work?

Could we use ITS Webgui instead of Personas/Slipstreem? Will it do any difference for these problems?

Regards

Thomass Madsen Nielsen

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just learned that we also use android tablets and discovered another problem.
If a user opens a transaction on the android tablet the user and tranaction becomes visible in SM04 and if the transaction sets some database locks, then they become visible in SM12.

Now if the device lose connection to network or run out of power or the user close the browser without logout, then the backend session and locks remains until the normal SAPGUI timeout which in hour system is 3 hours.
If we do the same on a windows device, the backend is shot down correctly and the database locks are removed.

BIG sigh - there are sooo many different ways this fails

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kmagons
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomass,

I suggest you to consider raising a BC-PER incident ticket so that we can schedule a screen sharing call, review your set-up and outline solutions.

Looking forward talking to you soon.

Best regards,

Krists Magons

SAP Screen Personas Dev Team

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think we have lost faith and will probably start over with a new setup with Workzone in cloud Foundry.

Answers (0)