cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the 2021 Fiori APP: Capacity Scheduling Table do these CM25 functions?

ann_hustis
Contributor
0 Kudos

I’ve been testing Fiori APP: Capacity Scheduling Table F3770 which is a replacement for Fiori APP Schedule Production F3770 and it can’t do most of the things that I could do quite easily in CM25 Graphical Planning table in ECC. Has anybody been successful in doing the 2 functions that I detail below?

In CM25 I could “Dispatch at earliest point in time” to left justify the planned orders.

This was helpful to make maximum use of the machine capacity of the work center. Essentially it will pack the work center as tightly as possible by left justifying the orders. In the screen shot below, the orders on 01/30/2023 require the entire cylinder so only one planned order runs at a time. Starting 01/31/2023 the system packed 2 planned orders to run in parallel on the multi capacity work center, since each one needs less than half of the machine capacity. Awesome functionality!

But I can’t see how to do this in Fiori APP Capacity Scheduling Table.

Another functionality that I use often in CM25 is to sort planned orders by the Setup Group Key in the routing.

This works very well to sort first by Setup Key and secondly by Material number as you can see in the production schedule below. Also, very useful functionality.

But I don’t see this in the Fiori APP either.

If you have found a way to do either or both of these functions in the Fiori APP please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Ann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Narasimha
Active Contributor

Hi Ann

I am using Set strategy- as "Sequence" , Scheduling Control-Find slote(Finite) , Direction-Backwards and select schedule operation date range quite wide and the system gives me all available slots from the earliest available (Like 10 slots in the date range selected). This is very close to dispatch at the earliest possible time feature you explained above.

ann_hustis
Contributor

Thanks Narasimha, I tried those settings and the system did dispatch the planned orders using the earliest slots available but it didn't fill up the capacity as tightly as possible. For example, day 1 was 50% loaded, day 2 was 40% loaded, day 3 was 60% loaded. Why didn't it put the day 1 orders and day 2 orders together on day 1? Enough capacity exists. Thanks for your answer.