cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use BETMAS01 as Inbound for site master or sites always need to be created manually ?

I was able to find BETMAS01 as Idoc for site master distribution but in details it says not released. Do we use this Idoc for creating sites in SAP Retail system or do we always have to rely on manual method or recording ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_gendreau
Contributor

Hello Deepak:

SAP recommends the use of Extended Computer Aided Test Tool (eCATT) to create Site Masters via screen recording (see SAP Note 1274501 - Batch input, and e/CATT in the Site Master). SAP does not recommend using batch input or Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW) in the SAP Retail Site Master environment.

Site Master data migration via screen recording ensures that considerable (and standard) master data and configuration copy functionality for Site Master is considered in the data migration process. Before executing Site Master data migration, it’s critical that Site Profiles and Reference Sites, which are specified in Site profiles, are thoroughly tested.

Please note that you will find previous comments from me suggesting that LSMW is a possibility (and it is, with some ABAP), but my recommendation is to stay with eCATT.

Check out as background this SAP Note for S/4HANA - SAP Note 2586412 - Documentation for DISTRIBUTE_SITE_DATA

This FM does not consider reference sites or copy rules, which are basic Retail concepts that are absolutely critical to Retail Site Master creation and data migration.

In my view, any suggestion to use this function module for data migration of Retail Site Master is not a solution. It is a suggestion to undertake extremely-high-complexity development in the hope of successfully creating a customer-specific solution. This seems unusually bad advice, especially when a standard alternative exists.

So what does the data migration process look like?

As a quick test, as a first step, create a Site BP using T-Code BP. Then use WB01 to create the Site Master. If you have observed the Best Practice that Site # and BP # are the same number, then WB01 recognizes that the BP for the Site exists and adopts the BP that was created independently in the first step.

Armed with this information, you can first and separately create Site Business Partner (BP) using your data migration object of choice and then use eCATT to create an SAP GUI screen recording of WB01 to create the Retail Site Master.

For data migration of BP, I prefer to use the standard API, as recommended by SAP Note 2417298 - Creation of Business Partner with Customer and Supplier Roles.

With the adoption of the BP concept by Retail Site Master in S/4HANA, and the proper use of carefully tested Reference Sites as the foundation of your New Site Creation process, the actual usage and input into WB01 becomes almost trivial in my experience. For most Retail Sites, WB01 will typically consist of clicking through the tabs, save, and confirm.

In summary, the process for data migration of Site Master will include the following steps:

Step 1: Create Site Business Partner

Step 2: Create Retail Site via screen recording (eCATT)

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for detailed explanation, really helpful.

Yes, i did the manual creation of BP first using t-code BP and then with WB01 for site master data and it automatically detects the BP created ( Customer role for Stores and Customer & vendor roles for DCs).

We are already using standard program for BP creation. So i will check the note related to eCATT for the site creation.

Thanks again.

Any input on interface from or to non-SAP systems ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paul_gendreau
Contributor

The short answrer: No, that IDoc cannot be used for Retail Site Master.

I can provide very specific advice if you can provide two pieces of information.

First, is this question for ECC 6.0 or S/4HANA?

Second, is your question about:

1 - Data Migration for Site Master

2 - Interface for Site Master (inbound or outbound integration from or to non-SAP systems)

3 - Site Master Distribution (replication between SAP systems)

0 Kudos

The system is S4 HANA and query is for Data migration.

If you have any input about interface as well from or to non-SAP system, please me know that as well.

Thank you

chihhaohuang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A follow up question, for the inbound interface from ECC to S4 Retail, what would be the best way after initial migration?

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chih-Hao Huang

In theory, replication from ECC to S/4HAHA Retail is possible using T-Code WBTIMEX. But "theory" may not align with your reality.

For that story, please review SAP Note 2310884 - SAP S/4HANA conversion for site master and the PDF attachment named 1709_v2.1_SiteMasterConversionGuide.pdf. That document states: In order to support phased conversion of an existing system landscape to SAP S/4HANA, the distribution of site data is also supported in a mixed landscape with both SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA systems.

In practice, I would definitely not prefer to replicate Site Master from ECC 6.0 to S/4HANA Retail as a production interface. This would be distribution of customizing from ECC 6.0 to S/4HANA Retail! It's not very likely that your business requirements should accept moving customizing from ECC 6.0 to S/4HANA Retail. At minimum, this approach would require very, very detailed analysis. For this reason, my recommendation would typically be dual maintenance and no interface at all from ECC 6.0 to S/4HANA Retail for Site Master / Site BP.

- Paul

joel-uzibor
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,
It's been quite a while. I might call you directly later, but I just wanted to post this here as others can benefit from it.
I am particularly interested in the second option you mentioned above, which is:

2 - Interface for Site Master (inbound or outbound integration from or to non-SAP systems)

I am trying to figure out the best outbound integration from SAP S/4HANA to non-SAP systems.
Is there a link you can point me to, or is it anywhere on your blog?

Cheers,

Joel Uzibor.

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel:

Sorry, but there isn't an out-of-the box answer for Site Master outbound.

One thing to consider is that, depending on the data requirements of the receiving system, the Site Business Partner may have the required data elements. And there are several standard options for sending that business object.

former_member559864
Participant

Hello, I hope this and this could be helpful.

0 Kudos

Hi

You can very well use the new way of moving the site master using DRFOUT functionality. We used it in our project and it did work smoothly.