Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP Nodes Local development Test Business User

DSree
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I built a CAP CDS project that serves some entities. In addition, this project also consumes external remote services. This is not a new project but an old project prior to "cds bind" days. The application works perfectly fine in cloud BTP. It was working fine locally in VS Code but it is broke with new mechanism.

In past, I had the users in cdsrc.json file under auth. the package cds auth refers to XSUAA.

"auth": {"passport": {"strategy": "mock","users": {.
The default-env.json has VCAP_SERvices to both destination and xsuaa service credentials copied from btp corresponding services. This worked fine. I was able to call the service locally using basic userid/password from cdsrc.json. The connection to consumed services routed using destination in btp with xsuaa.

Now the challenge. Removed vcap services and added the two services (auth and dest) with cds bind. the bound works fine. The users in cdsrc.json broke. the cds project does not honor those users any more. Any recommendation or sample please ?

Updated.... 
Create a simple CDS project without XSUAA. Added "authenticated-user" to the test service. and added users in cdsrc.json and tested from browser. In browser, get a prompt for basic user/password. and login works. User ID/Password from cdsrc.json.
Now added xsuaa to the project. and deployed to BTP. bound the project to the auth service. the user from cdsrc.json does not work anymore.

Thank you
Durga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)