Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS View oData metadata does not get refreshed

sagarmehta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I Created a CDS view and exposed it as oData. After that I activated the service via /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

Issue:

If I change the CDS view by adding a new column, and then reactivated the view. I do not see the changes in the oData service.

Stuff I have tried:

1. Deleted the oData service and re-added it in the /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE

2. Refreshed the oData caches (both IWFND & IWBEP)

3. Removed oData.publish property from the CDS view and then re-added it.

No matter what I try I am unable to get the new column property into the oData service.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on the same.

Kind regards,

Sagar

[PS: easy way to test -->

1. Create a CDS view and expose as oData.

2. Then activate the oData in /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE

3. Now, go back to the CDS view and add a new column to your select and activate ]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

I too ran into the same issue ,clearing browser cache solved my problem.

abraham_mendez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar, did you find a solution other than copying the CDS View (DDL Definition) and exposing it with a differente name?

former_member185414
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe as Amol mentioned did you try cleaning the metadata cache or may be delete the generated artifacts( DPC_EXT, MPC_EXT, etc) and re-generate the same.

PS: I feel its not a proper way but still it may fix your issue.

Katan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I just ran into the same issue. I also tried all of the above. I noticed the annotation models were not updating as it had an old update time stamp. I just deleted the annotation model and activated the CDS again, which worked for me. You can access it from the "Display Service" screen. There is a button at the bottom of the screen labelled "Annotation Model".

former_member541403
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the service in /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE and go to Service Implementation and click on Cleanup Cache.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am struct with the same issue. However it works if you create a new DDL with a different name. Let us know if you had found any solution for the same.

Thanks