Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CI URL Authentication using HTTP Header structure

rrmalgi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an interesting scenario where a client does not support basic auth configuration when calling CI URL but supports only passing details in HTTP Header structure. For <API Key> : <API Value> being passed in the Header structure to POST a message to CI URL.

I have only used client id/secret for basic authentication and certificate based authentication. This kind of requirement is new to me.

Request the community to help if you have solved such requirements (without the use of API-M)

Best Regards

Merina1
Participant

Hi,

Is there any reason why API-M is not being considered. We had similar scenario and the implementation was simple .

Eg. External system --> API-M --> CI--> Target System

Regards,

Merina Acharya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor

Hi

Basically you can't implement that with a sender channel in SAP Cloud Integration. The channel not authenticating and you then performing custom authentication inside the integration flow is not an option. If basic authentication, OAuth 2.0 (client credentials) or client certificates won't work, you need to proxy the endpoint somehow. SAP API Management is the obvious choice for this.

Regards,

Morten

rrmalgi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming my understanding 7a519509aed84a2c9e6f627841825b5a . In the meantime I realised we can pass base64 encoded password in Headers using postman with Header Key "Authorization" and Header Value "Basic base64encodedPassword"

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rrmalgi

Well, what you are describing there is Basic Authentication, which is of course supported.

Regards,

Morten