cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Connector (on-prem to cloud) error when connecting HanaTrial

0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the guidance as per the link https://sap.github.io/cloud-s4ext/week-4/unit-3/ to enable Cloud to on-premise. But, when I connect On-premise to cloud, getting an error message "Service Channel Could not be opened". Verified the port and it is correct. In the error logs, found following:

caused by:com.sap.core.connectivity.tunnel.core.handshake.tunnel handshake exception:invalid status of handshake response:401 unauthorized

My question is are we allowed to connect ABAP 7.52 --> SCC --> Hana Trial (neo)?

Also, when I add service channel, there are three types available and two seem to be relevant i.e. HANA Database and S4/Hana Cloud. Both are not working. If above scenario is allowed, which type is applicable?

Thank You!

0 Kudos

Ahhh, wish in OpenSAP it is mentioned clearly.. Probably, I missed it. Anyways, learned SUSELinux more than I needed 🙂 Thank you!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor

Hi

You cannot connect to a trial HANA database using the HANA service channel, I'm afraid. The details are available here. Specifically: "The following procedure requires a productive SAP HANA instance that is available in the same subaccount."

Regards,

Morten

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morten,

do you think the restriction "productive SAP HANA instance" does also apply on the Free Tier? Right now I'm not able to connect to my Free Tier HANA via Cloud Connector and get the error message "Service channel could not be opened".

CU
Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor

As SAP CP Neo is already in maintenance mode I would suggest you don't bother with it and try to connect to the HANA in Cloud Foundry. And please check out the good Cloud Connector documentation: Configure a Service Channel for an SAP HANA Database.

0 Kudos

Thank you Gregor! Will try CF 🙂