Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Integration used in multi-tenant Fiori Application

Srinivas-Rao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are building couple of Fiori Applications which have action buttons to call Cloud integration endpoints. These Fiori applications are being built as multi-tenant applications. Since the applications are multi-tenant, we DO NOT want to deploy the CPI instance separately to each subscriber's subaccount as this will have cost implications for them.

We imagine to have CPI used centrally in the app PROVIDER subaccount. To have this setup, we think we could use value mapping artifact to hold the repository of different subscriber related endpoint information. This value mapping artifact would then be accessed in iflow to determine the correct subscriber invoking the iflow, based on the tenant ID that will be passed in the input payload.

• Do you see this as a viable option ?
  • Do you see any license complications by having CPI centrally serving different subscriber's of the multi-tenant applications?
  • Are there any other issues that can possibly come up with such a setup ?

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daviddasilva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I broadly agree that CPI can just be used in a single tenant centrally so no concerns on that from my perspective.

I don't fully understand how the iFlows are being used here but using value mappings in this way could be cumbersome as you'd possibly need to maintain it. Is it possible for the custom apps to send the required subscriber information when they press the "Action" button so that you can avoid using value mappings?

Otherwise, I do not see an issue with your suggestion in my opinion.

Kind regards,

David

Srinivas-Rao
Contributor

Thanks daviddasilva for the response. The iflows are called by the custom apps with the tenant ID in the payload. Based on the tenant Id, I will hit the value mapping to get the values that are needed for further REST/SOAP calls to the target endpoints. I am using value mapping to store HOST, client Id, credential name, etc. against the tenant Id. I will code the iflow groovy script in such a way that any new additional subscriber, will need only value mapping entries to be added against the tenant Id and the iflow would be generic enough to consider them.

Also, I was looking to understand the central usage of CPI from the licensing portion. I understand you do not see any licensing issue. Thanks for the response for that.

Regards,

Srinivas Rao.

daviddasilva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for explaining that Srinivas! It seems like a robust design which is great 🙂

With regards to how you want to deploy and use CPI, I think that makes total sense and I don't see any issue with it really but hopefully others in the community will voice their opinion or concerns!

Kind regards,

David