cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community page display is disturbed in Chrome + IE

former_member89972
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the communities page I get a weird display both in IE and Chrome, after selecting a thread or topic. The options are lined up on top of each other as below with a black background at the top.

SearchSearch Log On

• Logout
  • Home / Community Actions

Can not get to notifications too.

Avinash

jerryjanda
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    0 Kudos

I am unable to replicate this issue. I am going to investigate further, but since no one else seems to be reporting it, it might be diffcult to find a solution.

--Jerry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89972
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

Happy to report that page Display is back to normal both in Chrome and IE.

I did not do anything to changes to Chrome or IE.

I am sure there is explanation but hey it is working now so moving on.

Thanks everyone who cared to give some feedback.

Avinash

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

VeselinaPeykova
    Active Contributor

This looks like some temporary network performance problem on your end.

I tried now in IE11 (on default settings) and the pages are displayed as expected. Are you still experiencing this issue?

former_member89972
    Active Contributor

Thanks Veselina

The problem still exists. I had cleared the browser cache. too.

See the attachment.scn-page-bad-display.png

First page of the community displays OK.

It happens after the second level selection (E.G. when I clicked on notifications icon with number 2 today)

Avinash

former_member89972
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

Even from home, without corporate network and no proxy the display is disturbed.

Avinash

VeselinaPeykova
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

Other than trying the latest version of a portable browser, in private browsing mode, on default settings and with good internet connection, I don't know what to suggest.

There were some performance problems in the last couple of days, but they have been resolved since yesterday.

Did you try using the site from a non-corporate laptop?

jerryjanda
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    0 Kudos

Hi, Avinash:

Since we can't seem to replicate the issue -- and the suggestions here aren't assisting you -- I'm afraid I can only recommend one other course of action: Please reach out to our technical support team, following the instructions at

https://www.sap.com/community/about/support.html. This way they can work with you directly to resolve your problem (as it doesn't appear to be a bigger bug across the site).

Best regards,

--Jerry

former_member89972
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

I tried using the company provided laptop from home without proxy etc. as noted above and the results are same.

I will also try with my personal computer (no proxy, no corporate settings etc.) and see if I get the same symptoms.

Avinash

amitrathi239
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

Same is happening with me on company laptop in Chorme/IE..

former_member89972
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

Jerry

Wll do.

Note also one more occurrence for Amit Kumar as per next comment.

Cheers.

Avinash

VeselinaPeykova
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

There is a comment by oliver, which might be related to the problem:

unfortunately we don’t have the core applications like Blogs and Answers available outside of Walldorf datacenters. Especially US and Asia/Australia SAP Community users usually see slower page load performance.

Jelena
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

I have the same exact issue but only on our corporate network. We have some kind of WAN changes going on in the office, which results in our traffic directed through some kind of proxy. Internet is slow AF and we get dropped all the time, have to re-authenticate.

It works perfectly fine when I'm on another network, same browser and laptop. Not sure if this is something that SCN team would be able to address. However, it worked better for me before the last upgrade to "jumbo menu".

former_member89972
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena.

The fact that it happens identically to both browsers Chrome + IE is puzzling.

Surprisingly all other URLs/Websites (including SAP Support portal) behave OK.

To rule out proxy I will try to connect from home where corporate settings will not be in the equation.

Thanks again.

Avinash