cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of special periods in SAC

ThomasK
Participant
0 Kudos

Flexible Time in SAP Analytics Cloud was introduced with Q2/2022. It allows to support special periods and date hierarchies to show data with or without special periods.

Unfortunately I couldn´t find any blog where how this feature is configured as best practice.

Is anybody already using using this feature in practice and can share information on this?

Thank you, Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sgodfree
Employee
Employee

Hi Thomas,

What is not explicitly shown there is that you create 2 attributes: 1) Fiscal Year and 2) Fiscal Year w/SP. For one hierarchy you select 1 as the apex node (for the level based hierarchy) while for the other hierarchy you select 2. Hierarchy 1 still has the special period, but it doesn't roll-up to the reporting member you would use (it's still visible in the member selector but it's split out).

Cheers,
Scott

ThomasK
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks. I think that was the missing link.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sgodfree
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I think some of what you are looking for is covered in this video segment (part of our Q2 2022 Product Updates). Admittedly it's rather brief, but I think provides some good examples.

Thanks,

Scott

ThomasK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Scott, thanks for your answer. I´ve watched the segement of this video very often but it didn´t answer everything. I couldn´t achieve the same result having 2 hierarchies as it is shown between 7:46 and 8:02.

Is there any further material how to typically configure special periods?

BR Thomas

Max_Gander
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Does this blog post help? https://blogs.sap.com/2022/05/23/introducing-flexible-time/

Or do you need something more specific on special periods?
BR
Max

ThomasK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maximilian, have seen this blog from Scott. It´s an overview of the user managed time function. However, it doesn´t show the typical configuration how to setup special periods (configuration of attributes, hierarchies, ...).

BR Thomas

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thkarner

The below can give you some idea.

https://blogs.sap.com/2022/05/23/introducing-flexible-time/

Nikhil

ThomasK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil, have seen this blog from Scott. It´s an overview of the user managed time function. However, it doesn´t show the typical configuration how to setup special periods (configuration of attributes, hierarchies, ...).

BR Thomas